Falken Rubitrek??

Discussion in 'Tire and Wheel Tech' started by LuisJr, Mar 15, 2018.

1. LuisJr

LuisJr

In my quest for tires, I was set to purchase a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3 in either a 285/75/16 or 275/70/18 for my LX470. Pretty much dead set on them. I was offered a Rubitrek in the 275/70/18. Does anyone have any info? I used my Googlefu and came up with nothing much. Read a tidbit on Tacoma World about it being release in small numbers to certain areas. Received a quote a little over 700 installed. I'd be over it with the wildpeak, just not sure on the Rubitrek.

Link:
    RUBITREK A/T TIRE

Thank you,

Luis

2. UltraFJ40

UltraFJ40 ที่นี่และมี SILVER Star

Luis, if that's the type of tire you want then I'd just go with the Wildpeak or the BFG ATKO's.

3. LuisJr

LuisJr

Thanks Ultra, but I was looking for info on the Rubitrek.

4. half k cruiser

half k cruiser

That looks exactly like the AT3W, in fact, other than the name on the side, I can't tell the difference.

LuisJr likes this.
  5. LuisJr

LuisJr

The only major difference I'm seeing is the sidewall, I guess I'll have to see if they're still available this weekend and give them a try. I'll report back if I get them.

Luis

6. half k cruiser

half k cruiser

What difference are you seeing on the sidewall ? Other than the name ?

7. LuisJr

LuisJr

Looked to be more blocks, but really looks more like a design difference for looks vs performance. Going to check them out tomorrow and will report back

8. gregnash

gregnash Anal Retentive Analyst SILVER Star

Sidewall scalloping is definitely different between the at3w and the rubitrek and the at3w has a "silica enriched polymer" present that the rubitrek does not.
    Looking at the center tread pattern they are different there too, while the siping is the same the tread blocks on the AT3w are spaced further apart and have a slightly larger block pattern where as the rubitrek has a close nit, almost verging on a more road/all-season tire than an All terrain.

AT3W
    [​IMG]

Rubitrek
    [​IMG]

See that almost straight center line of the Rubitrek... That will grab the lines in the highway more than the AT3W and tend to pull the vehicle.

9. LuisJr

LuisJr

I had read that the center block would help out with road noise. I personally have no idea. I'm not a tire expert. Currently slammed with work so I haven't had a chance to shoot down and get them installed. But will report back and hopefully link up with a MUD member to compare and contrast locally in Ventura County.

10. bigredmachine

bigredmachine

WILDPEAK Safety Notice

just a heads up if your looking at the wildpeak or at3, theres some referb tires that were sent to be destroyed that are finding their way back to the road

allan man likes this.
  11. NateMob

NateMob

Media:
    Albums:
    Discount Tire/American Tire often has their own "house blend" of certain popular tires that is only available through their stores.

The Rubitrek is that tire and they offer it alongside the more expensive but more feature rich AT3W.

They do the same thing with the Cooper MTP as their cheaper (2ply sidewall) version of the STT Pro.

gregnash likes this.
  12. razzyrazz

razzyrazz

bump, anyone else running the Rubitrek's? Have Wildpeak AT3 on my 4Runner and Frontier and they are amazing. Interested in the Rubitrek for the LX.

13. LuisJr

LuisJr

Ended up with a Ridge Grappler and never looked back

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.