Fair Price? 2005 Land Cruiser, 80k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

New guy here, but I've been lurking for a while. I am working with a private party who's selling their black/tan 2005 Land Cruiser with just under 80k miles for $25,000. I got them down to $23k and change and they're holding. The car looks immaculate, but doesn't have service records. Brand-new tires and battery installed in the last week. Test drive went perfectly, brakes well, strong engine and almost good-as-new interior.

Should I pull the trigger on it, or is that still too high?

Depends on where you are in the country, but that seems like a fair price if it's in excellent condition (how's rust underneath?). I would recommend getting a PPI as you never know what lurks beneath and repairs on the 100 are not cheap. Timing belt / water pump is about $1200 - $1500 at the dealer. CV Joint boots are $300 per side. Tires $1000. Brakes, etc. It adds up quickly.

Depends on where you are in the country, but that seems like a fair price if it's in excellent condition (how's rust underneath?). I would recommend getting a PPI as you never know what lurks beneath and repairs on the 100 are not cheap. Timing belt / water pump is about $1200 - $1500 at the dealer. CV Joint boots are $300 per side. Tires $1000. Brakes, etc. It adds up quickly.

California car its whole life. No rust anywhere. Tires are brand-new. I am prepared to do the timing belt/water pump service in 10k miles when it needs it.

Grab it. Local Texas Lexus dealer just put a one owner 2007 with 79K on it on the lot at $28K. Can't imagine he'll go much lower and not sure you want to lose it at $22K. (Due diligence assumed.)

Sounds like a good deal. If it drives and feels good, then it was probably taken care of.

Do it!!!

Seems fair. I just picked up a '05 with 99K miles for $17900. You can do the timing belt, water pump, other maintenance, and at $25k, you will essentially have a new vehicle with tons of life left. I say go for it if you like it...nice low mileage cruisers in that condition are hard to come by.

Sounds like a great deal. Welcome to the club.

I picked mine up 2 months ago 06 with 87,000 miles from a dealer for 22k so maybe u can bargain alittle more i think...

I'd jump on it.

Hi everyone,

New guy here, but I've been lurking for a while. I am working with a private party who's selling their black/tan 2005 Land Cruiser with just under 80k miles for $25,000. I got them down to $23k and change and they're holding. The car looks immaculate, but doesn't have service records. Brand-new tires and battery installed in the last week. Test drive went perfectly, brakes well, strong engine and almost good-as-new interior.

Should I pull the trigger on it, or is that still too high?

My concern with any California vehicle is not miles on the engine and transmission but hours. I would compare that 80k miles on a California vehicle to 160k miles on a Texas truck or any other state that is not grid locked by traffic. Commuting through San Fran, LA or San Diego equals sitting in traffic for hours, this is harder on the engine transmission and brakes then driving. Driving a LX down the road at 60-70 mph is better on the vehicle then sitting in traffic idling in gear creeping forward 10 ft. Applying the brakes and sitting.

Thanks guys, I just brought her home. Runs really well. Unfortunately the PPI showed that the water pump is leaking slightly. I planned on doing the TB/WP in 5-10k miles but I'm just going to get it all done now (full 90k service). Truck is essentially brand-new otherwise.

Also, the demand was off the charts for this particular truck. Apparently the sales manager was told to start considering bids while I took the car for a PPI, but opted to let me buy it since we agreed on price. At least 10 people called about it today, and a few filled out credit apps so I'm happy.

Also, the demand was off the charts for this particular truck. Apparently the sales manager was told to start considering bids while I took the car for a PPI, but opted to let me buy it since we agreed on price. At least 10 people called about it today, and a few filled out credit apps so I'm happy.

I'd be willing to bet that happens with every other vehicle that they've got somebody on the hook for too. When I bought my 80 the guy said I guess I should tell the others it's not for sale anymore. Yeah right. [emoji6]

Thanks guys, I just brought her home. Runs really well. Unfortunately the PPI showed that the water pump is leaking slightly. I planned on doing the TB/WP in 5-10k miles but I'm just going to get it all done now (full 90k service). Truck is essentially brand-new otherwise.
Congrats, enjoy your new ride. I think 2005 is the sweet spot for the 100 series. It's before they added the additional emission crap.

Congrats on the new ride. In case you aren't aware, you can go to the Toyota owners website, create an account and pull all the service records associated with your LC using the VIN (as long as the service was done at a Toyota or Lexus dealer).

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom