Factory Toyota Snorkel on BJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought so, but is that part # the right one? How much could it cost (US$ speaking)?

Hello,

If you go the OEM way you will need
  1. Snorkel.
  2. Air box.
  3. Upper fender with the proper holes.
As Onur/ @beno said, the setup is available but it is expensive. You will also need to seal every joint, as it is not dust/water proof in its original form.

Juan

I picked up the part air cleaner box off a scrapper in Australia that actually ships to the US. Total was like $100 USD With shipping.

The other nice part of the Safari is cutting a round hole in the fender verse the "rectangular hole" for oem

How did you line up where to mount the plate to cut the hole.

Well, the car's been with my family for several years. Once I bought it from my father I could start restoring it to OEMish condition.

This year the rig passed through a complete paintjob and, having everything dismounted from the car, it was a good time to replace the Safari snorkel with an OEM one. I had a bit of help since my old man now owns a troopy and it came factory-equipped with bolts and nuts for the snorkel. I only had to measure, mark, drill and weld the M12 nuts in the right spots as well as the rectangular shaped hole.

One thing I'm missing is the air filter canister, but I made a decent job adapting the old one so it can wait.

Let me know if you need any pics, It's not necessary to weld nuts to the car body, you can simply drill the holes and use rivet nuts with the right bolt size.

I'd like to see pics, especially of the filter can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom