Factory OEM Bluetooth Disconnecting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone else having problems with their factory bluetooth disconnecting on long drives? After about an hour or so of driving, the factory hands free signal disappears and I can't establish a connection again until I pull over and restart the vehicle. This does not appear to be a phone issue because I've tried repairing with the engine still running and the phone can't find the "Hands Free" signal of the factory bluetooth. The signal stops broadcasting as if it loses power or shuts off after driving for awhile.

Following up on this. Does anyone know where the factory bluetooth module is located? Is it in the head unit, amp, or elsewhere? Thanks.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone knows if the factory bluetooth module for hands free calling is located in the head unit, amplifier or somewhere else.

I'm still having issues with my phone disconnecting from the factory hands free bluetooth after driving for more than a half hour or so. For short drives it works fine, but for longer drives it automatically disconnects and won't reconnect until the vehicle is restarted.

I don't have an answer for you, but I have had this issue as well. Mine usually disconnects if I make more than a couple calls on a drive.

Bluetooth software protocol changes often with newer devices unfortunately. I suspect that's what the issue is. Maybe someone has a tech based answer. I have to manually connect my phone to my old headunit every time I start the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom