Easy Bluetooth Audio Solution for 100 Series with Navigation Unit - BT45-TOY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm putting a plug out for those who are frustrated with the lack of modern music options in their LC100, and don't know what to do. Today I bit the bullet and spent $200 on the BT45-TOY adapter and CAS cable and 1 hour total for the installation. It was the best move I could have made. I picked up all equipment from Crutchfield here in Charlottesville, but you can locate the same at various retailers online (cheaper, too).

Here's the adapter in case you've never hear of it:

Amazon product ASIN B0178G5RRE
81YP9hIFjjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

If you have the navigation unit, you'll also need this CAS TLC cable:

349.jpg

I was going to make a video, but honestly this one helped me out and I couldn't have added anything that he doesn't cover:

Once you get the trim and radio unit off, it takes about 10 seconds to connect the adapter. No more cassette with aux cable!

Hope it helps someone. Cheers!

Is there something like this that would work for a 2000, no nav? It seems like this one needs to connect to the satellite radio connection?

I've got a little cigarette lighter bluetooth thing, but it's not great, sound is really low

I installed one of those years ago and absolutely love it !!! Ties in seamlessly with the factory system, steering wheel controls work as intended and BT quality is perfect for me. One of the best investments in my LC so far.

Awesome, I'll have to run over to Crutchfield sometime soon. Thanks for this!

EDIT, here's a Crutchfield link for anyone preferring an alternative to Amazon.

Who is using this for Bluetooth calling? We have one installed and can’t seem to get good audio from the mic for the folks on the other end of the line. Any tips on mic placement? Ours is in the factory mic location.

Who is using this for Bluetooth calling? We have one installed and can’t seem to get good audio from the mic for the folks on the other end of the line. Any tips on mic placement? Ours is in the factory mic location.
My Bluetooth calling works great; I stored the unit behind the right blank dash panel and ran the audio cable behind the steering column, and then from the floorboard up to the driver’s side pillar. I’ve had no issues with people hearing me clearly.

1C81163F-B4E2-4D06-AB64-0F483E1CAB1B.jpeg

2B95B105-1910-40E4-A667-E5684C6CBA39.jpeg

Is there something like this that would work for a 2000, no nav? It seems like this one needs to connect to the satellite radio connection?

I've got a little cigarette lighter bluetooth thing, but it's not great, sound is really low

I *think* the BT45 can be set up to work off the CD button in non-nav vehicles. That said, IMO, it's best to just by pass the amp and replace the head unit in non-nav 100's. I did mine earlier this year after putting it off for a long time because I was intimidated by the project. In the end it was fairly easy and having a car play head unit is awesome.

I *think* the BT45 can be set up to work off the CD button in non-nav vehicles. That said, IMO, it's best to just by pass the amp and replace the head unit in non-nav 100's. I did mine earlier this year after putting it off for a long time because I was intimidated by the project. In the end it was fairly easy and having a car play head unit is awesome.
Mine's a 2002 with nav system; the unit plugs into the CD pin adapter so you can't use discs, but my CD-changer was broken, anyway.

Day 3 of this and it's a prudent investment!

I just acquired a ‘06 with Nav and BT calling. This will allow me to play music from my phone, is that correct?

I drove my 100 5 years before installing the BT45-Toy. It made a huge improvement in my desire to drive the cruiser daily and avoid potential tickets in hands-free states. 6 years later my only challenge is the occasional delay in recognizing my iPhone and disconnecting from my wife's iPhone.

I have a 2002 LC100 with the Nav system screen with no steering wheel controls. What is the USA-Spec CAS-TLC used for and do I need it with my BT45-Toy?

I have a 2002 LC100 with the Nav system screen with no steering wheel controls. What is the USA-Spec CAS-TLC used for and do I need it with my BT45-Toy?
I have this same question but I have an LX470 with no steering wheel controls, not sure if I need the extra cable or not

I sent a PM to Recovering Rover who started this thread. He seems to be a lot more versed in the matter than I am. I hope he chimes in. Anyone else out there with the info please make your self heard! Thanks

I sent a PM to Recovering Rover who started this thread. He seems to be a lot more versed in the matter than I am. I hope he chimes in. Anyone else out there with the info please make your self heard! Thanks
So I did more research into this and I could very well be wrong but everything i'm seeing says the extra cable is only if you want to retain the CD player functionality

I've received the BT45-Toy and have read the very detailed instructions. It does state for 02-04 LC models you do need the CAS-TLC which is not included. I ordered one through Crutchfield. You may be correct about the CD function. I'm still trying to figure out that one. There is a chart to set up the DIP switches on the BT45. I'm still trying to figure out that too.

I've received the BT45-Toy and have read the very detailed instructions. It does state for 02-04 LC models you do need the CAS-TLC which is not included. I ordered one through Crutchfield. You may be correct about the CD function. I'm still trying to figure out that one. There is a chart to set up the DIP switches on the BT45. I'm still trying to figure out that too.
is it not able to be plugged in at all without the extra cable? I've seen multiple people set the DIP switches to SAT and that's what they select on the touch screen to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom