Factory Locker SWAP?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a 95 Cruiser at my local junk yard today with factory lockers, is it possible to remove all the harware and install to a Cruiser without them. Please excuse me if this is a dumb question tech is not one of my strenghts.

I believe so, as long as you get the axles, ecu, wiring, and switch you should be able to swap it over.

Yes it can be done and there are threads about this. It is much easier to swap the entire axle rather than the thirds since cutting and drilling are required if you don't. I am not sure if the 95's are wired for the lockers already so you may have to wire up the electronics but again I am not sure.

It's a pretty well documented swap, you would already have the 5 wires in the floor harness you would otherwise have to add if it wasn't a LX450. The rest of stuff you need are:
The rotary switch
Locker ECU (Passenger kickpanel, black box - cigarette pack size)
Front wire harness (clicks into pigtail on firewall)
Rear intermediary harness
Rear locker harness
Front 3rd member/axle
Rear 3rd member & pass side DS / Full axle

Question - could you not just wire up your own locker switches without all that BS?

Yes I know you wouldn't have dash lights - I could care less. I have a locked truck now but may use the axles on a diesel truck

Question - could you not just wire up your own locker switches without all that BS?

Yes I know you wouldn't have dash lights - I could care less. I have a locked truck now but may use the axles on a diesel truck

YES. If you don't care about the stock factory look, 12voltguy.com makes a harness that makes turning on and off the locker a breeze. It will require that you use the brain in your head to determine when and when not to turn it on instead of the Toyota Locker ECU. See it in action here: YouTube - ELockerMovie

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Awesome find! What kind of deal did you get on the axles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom