For Sale Factory hard top from 1974 FJ40 - Longmont, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Factory hard top off my 1974 FJ40. It was repainted prior to me owning it but from what I can tell, its in very good shape. There is a small patch of rust around the rear latch and the rear handle is missing. All glass is intact and the rest of the top is in very usable shape.

From looking around a bit, it looks like a complete assembly like this is worth around 2k. Im no expert here, so please correct me if Im way off.

Id like to start around $1900 or best offer.

IMG_4560.jpeg

IMG_4559.jpeg

Have the posts been cut off?

Ah yes. I knew I forgot something. I genuinely didn't mean to leave that out. We were considering having the top restored and painted. The shop that was holding on to it for a while cut the posts off for some reason. It doesnt look like too big of a pain to put them back on but I guess that depends on the person.

I am definitely open to offers as I know its not in perfect shape. I only started where I did because I dont really know the market for these.

Did you paint it or PO? Inside is a different color.

“The shop that was holding on to it for a while cut the posts off for some reason.”

That’s pretty ballsy.

Yes. Yes it was. We were not pleased.

They did it because we were going to try and fit it on an Aqualu tub. The pockets aren’t quite as deep as factory. I guess they thought chopping them off was the right move. Who knows.

Anyway, I run a reputable shop here in Colorado. Nothing shady going on here. I just need this top gone. I’m happy to weld some posts back on the bottom of the top but I’m pretty sure that would be something you’d want to do during the restoration of this thing.

If anyone is interested in this top and willing to pick up... I’m open to any reasonable offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom