Factory (distributor) headrest DVD players (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 2007 LC in Texas. It has 2 headrest DVD players that each have slots for DVD's. They appear to sync up to each other, such that you can put a dvd in one player and watch that DVD on both screens. There were 2 pair of wireless headphones in the truck that play audio from either headrest player.

I assume this was a distributor add on (Gulf States). The DVD players didn't come with any instructions. My question for anyone with a similar system - do these DVD players have any functionality other than described above, including specifically whether you can sync the screens with a DVD in the factory DVD changer and/or whether you can play audio from a DVD in a headrest monitor through the factory stereo system? Thanks in advance.

Probably not a dealer add on, more likely a car audio place or similar (Best Buy). You can get them plenty of places. I think most of them just have 12v that runs into the seat and that's it.

I have these in mine and they are aftermarket add-ons. Mine don't have individual built-in DVD players however. Instead, they take the video feed from the factory DVD player in the center armrest. With that said, yours probably aren't set up like this since they don't need to be. To summarize, you most likely cannot do what you asked in your initial post.

I have the Invision Dual monitor in both headrests. To view same video on both monitors you need the Jumper cable. Instructions (1) are to insert small end of jumper cable into "A/V output" of monitor with video to be viewed.

(2) Insert colored ends of jumper cable into "input" of other monitor.

(3) Depress "source" button until "A/V" appears.

As for using the stereo in LC for sound from DVD player, my owner's manual says to use FM 87.7 Mhz.

Contact info for Invision;

INViSiON Industries, Inc.
PO Box 470098
Celebration, FL 34747
P 407.842.7000
F 407.842.7030

Rear Seat Entertainment -INVISION Automotive

I bet, as stated above, Gulf States installed those at the port. They use the cheaper brand units, such as Audiovox, without the product name on them. If you search all the cheaper brands on the internet you can probably find out who made them and download an owners manual.
It would probably be easier to search for the headphones as they continue to sell them for years after they don't sell the DVD player anymore. Once you know who made the headphones you will know who made the DVD player and should be able to find a owners manuel on the manufactures website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom