Face lifting LC 77 to new 76 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I need some help. I have a LC 1995 KJZ77. I want to face lift it to the new Land Cruiser 70.

Is it possible?? Does it need any fabrication or a bolt on fit?

Ill be grateful for urgent reply as I am going to order the stuff in a day or two.

I am attaching picture of my 1995 LC 70 series and the new one.

Thank you
m_LC70SW023.jpg
62544-My-95-Land-Cruiser-with-V8-swap--Saaduk--19012010ww044.jpg

The panels pretty much bolt straight up to a HD landcruiser, you would have to do the mods that crushers did to his light duty chassis to make it the same as a heavy duty landcruiser chassis at the front. IMO it would be alot of work.

Thank you for the reply. I am mentioning 76 wagon here, not the pickup series. Isnt the length of the 76 and old 77 same???

A current model 76 series with that front is a heavy duty landcruiser, same as a 79 series ute up front. Your photo shows a light duty landcruiser KJZ77, if you had a heavy duty 77 series ie HZJ77 the length would be the same. I had photos where someone has transplanted the new model front onto a early 79 series.

And after you extend the two front chassis body mounts forward to match the extra length of the heavy duty front end you can the widen those mounts out 50mm each side. To suit the extra width that the chassis on the latest front has

Last edited:
That is absolutely terrible news for me. I had some plans. Anyway thank you all for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom