Extra pieces after oil change. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
F85284F6-4B35-48E1-BA84-F742F5B4D6CE.jpeg
I know the cover is from the oil filter and I’m done fiddling with it. It’s rusted andthe bolts are stripped. I just ripped it out. Is it really necessary anyway?

The other long foam piece was stuck between the oil filter and cover. I pulled it out from under there. I assume it fits under the radiator. What is its purpose? Should I replace it?

I have a suspicion the truck will run just fine without these parts but it never hurts to check!!!

Put the cover back on.

The foam is to direct air flow onto the radiator, and to reduce vibrations. A lot of people have removed it. I've never heard of issues arising after someone has removed it, but it was there for a reason.

As long as you don't have extra plugs or oil filters, and the engine has 6-7 qts of fresh oil, mechanically you'll be OK

The other long foam piece was stuck between the oil filter and cover. I pulled it out from under there. I assume it fits under the radiator. What is its purpose? Should I replace it?

I have a suspicion the truck will run just fine without these parts but it never hurts to check!!!

The foam should be on the skid plate. I am sure your cruiser will run. Will it run fine? May be. It depends on your definition of fine.

skid plate.jpg

It'll run just fine without the foam - mine was delivered completely rotted (basically gone) and I drove it for a while before I ordered a Slee skid plate. Motor ran perfectly, no cooling issues, etc.

Well, I drilled some holes and zip-tied the oil filter cover back into place, and said the hell with the foam. running better than ever! Thanks all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom