External Water pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of obtaining parts for a shower system for my 100 and was planning on ordering a classic series shurflo pump.

It was to be mounted inside the vehicle, most likely inside one of the AO drawers side compartment. Although I knew the answer but I asked Shurflo about mounting their pump externally and they said that the pump is not sealed so it cannot get wet and shouldn't be installed near heat sources.

I'm now trying to find a similar spec - with pressure cutoff - sealed pump that can be mounted externally, be water proof, etc. That way it would be closer to the water tank and installation and servicing of the pump would be much easier. I looked at flojet pumps but they seem to be similar to shurflo.

Does anyone know of a source for such pumps?

dude iam in kuwait now!!!!!!! waiting to go home
kick ass

dude.. me too!!!!!!! but I'm not going anywhere :grinpimp:
:shotts:

you should pick up some cruiser parts to take back with you..

dude.. me too!!!!!!! but I'm not going anywhere :grinpimp:
:shotts:

you should pick up some cruiser parts to take back with you..

Yeah...like a dual filler neck off a 100 over there so I can get along on my aux tank project ;) Ok...back to your thread siglo: I am also looking for same type of pump to mount under the hood. I want high pressure with low volume...tried one of the little Flojets but by the time I started to get the pressure high enough to be able to have low flow at the shower head it cut off. It was only good to 30psi...so now to try it with one of the Shurflo units that will push 65psi...but the form factor is pretty darn big for my 100 engine bay. May have to mount it in the trailer...

45psi is not enough you think? 65psi means you're looking at the shurflo extreme series which is significantly larger that the classic series..

since my air filter is the smaller cyclonic type, I think I might be able to fit a bigger pump in the engine bay.. My second battery is behind the right headlight.. my air compressor and aux fuse box are installed where slee's second battery tray usually goes.. I'd probably relocate the aux fuse block and remove the air compressor all together to fit the pump.. I would still be concerned with the shurflo pump not handling the heat and dust since it is not sealed..

If I can find a pump with the same specs as the extreme series shurflo, sealed and water/dust proof, it would be perfect to mount underneath the vehicle beside the water tank.. I'm still trying to find something like that..

If you manage to find something that works well let me know :)

45psi is not enough you think? 65psi means you're looking at the shurflo extreme series which is significantly larger that the classic series..

since my air filter is the smaller cyclonic type, I think I might be able to fit a bigger pump in the engine bay.. My second battery is behind the right headlight.. my air compressor and aux fuse box are installed where slee's second battery tray usually goes.. I'd probably relocate the aux fuse block and remove the air compressor all together to fit the pump.. I would still be concerned with the shurflo pump not handling the heat and dust since it is not sealed..

If I can find a pump with the same specs as the extreme series shurflo, sealed and water/dust proof, it would be perfect to mount underneath the vehicle beside the water tank.. I'm still trying to find something like that..

If you manage to find something that works well let me know :)

I couldn't find a water pump that is 100% sealed from the elements.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom