Expedition One Sliders 2021 GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen many of the other sliders out there and they all looked a bit unfinished with many stopping short of the front of the rocker by a couple of inches. Knowing the way I wheel my trucks any gap was unacceptable so in researching the Expedition One sliders appeared to offer the most protection. Now that they are on, I can say they definitely provide the best protection and aesthetic of anything I have seen out there. They, Exp One, need to do a much better job of showing how they actually fit up on their website as the cut made to the factory side skirt is actually fully encapsulated in the slider itself (if you make a mistake cutting it is hidden). Beautiful design, well finished, and very beefy providing a full slider with no place for a rock to hang on like some of the tubular models by others. Every mounting point was right where it should be nothing needing modification other than the factory KDSS skids as was called out. Pricing, when I purchased about 18 weeks ago, was about the same as CBI and others. Installation is pretty much a two man job, but could be done with two bottle jacks to support where it mounts to the frame and one floor jack to support the slider/step area.

I've attached a few pics. Hoping to not have to say they work as good as they look this weekend at Merus, but that's why we armor our trucks.

20220801_075725.jpg

20220801_075732.jpg

20220801_075738.jpg

20220801_075748.jpg

20220801_075754.jpg

I've seen many of the other sliders out there and they all looked a bit unfinished with many stopping short of the front of the rocker by a couple of inches. Knowing the way I wheel my trucks any gap was unacceptable so in researching the Expedition One sliders appeared to offer the most protection. Now that they are on, I can say they definitely provide the best protection and aesthetic of anything I have seen out there. They, Exp One, need to do a much better job of showing how they actually fit up on their website as the cut made to the factory side skirt is actually fully encapsulated in the slider itself (if you make a mistake cutting it is hidden). Beautiful design, well finished, and very beefy providing a full slider with no place for a rock to hang on like some of the tubular models by others. Every mounting point was right where it should be nothing needing modification other than the factory KDSS skids as was called out. Pricing, when I purchased about 18 weeks ago, was about the same as CBI and others. Installation is pretty much a two man job, but could be done with two bottle jacks to support where it mounts to the frame and one floor jack to support the slider/step area.

I've attached a few pics. Hoping to not have to say they work as good as they look this weekend at Merus, but that's why we armor our trucks.

View attachment 3074863
View attachment 3074864
View attachment 3074866
View attachment 3074867
View attachment 3074868
That tread plate is nice for traction along with being very attractive. I had to add traction tape to mine.

These look great. I think the sliders that cover the full length of the rocker look much better aesthetically than the majority that stop an inch or two short of the wheel well. I think only these, the CBI, and the Victory are full length.

What was the lead time? 18 weeks? Are these the powder coated finish? How is the finish quality?

Their install instructions say you need to shim the KDSS pump to install the driver's side slider. Was this the case for you? Or just trimming the KDSS skid was all that was necessary?

These look great. I think the sliders that cover the full length of the rocker look much better aesthetically than the majority that stop an inch or two short of the wheel well. I think only these, the CBI, and the Victory are full length.

What was the lead time? 18 weeks? Are these the powder coated finish? How is the finish quality?

Their install instructions say you need to shim the KDSS pump to install the driver's side slider. Was this the case for you? Or just trimming the KDSS skid was all that was necessary?

For me it was less about the aesthetic than about the protection. Just so happens that they have a really nice pocket for the cut side-step to drop into yielding a clean look and hiding things if you slip when cutting. I will also say the treadplate is very grippy and far less slippery than the factory step material.

Lead time was about 15 weeks. Welds that are visible under the powder coat look excellent, as does powder coat, and it was all crated very well for shipping. Overall, finish is nothing short of excellent.

On my '21 no shimming of the pump was needed. I had to trim the front KDSS skid and use the flap wheel on the pump skid to knock off about 1/4" of where it fits up due to how far back the slider comes.

I've got to get under tonight to mount a remote diff breather and trim the fender liners some more and will snap some pics so you can get a better idea on mounting and overall quality.

Reactions: r2m
Used the sliders this past weekend at Merus Adventure park, they performed as well as expected with zero flex or movement. Unfortunately, the wheel and tire combination I purchased the vehicle with is just a bit too wide and rubs the front corner of the slider (and inner fender) when the suspension is turned under compression. I'll do some minor trimming and pinch weld banging, but overall definitely a fan of the sliders and how much protection they offer.

The back end of this rig is just too darn low and it was like a shovel scooping the dirt up, guess it's time for a rear bumper, but it doesn't change how low the hitch mount/receiver sits.

20220806_101922.jpg
20220806_102014.jpg
20220806_102046.jpg

I would say you could strap around the member that goes from the slider to the frame and pull with no issue. There is plenty of room at the attachment points, but there isn’t enough room between the slider and the cut factory step as it drops into the pocket in the slider.

If you have aftermarket UCA's you can have your alignment adjusted with moving the caster forward and that should relieve the rubbing.
I had that done to mine and no rubbing (except against the inner frame at lock). No difference in driving or performance. It moved the front wheels about 1/2" forward.
BTW, I'm running Icon UCA's. But it shouldn't matter what make they are.

I've got the SPCs and figured that would be the next move, thanks for the advice. Needed an alignment anyway after pounding over the rocks this past weekend.

Reactions: r2m
Looking at getting these - are the factory led lights retained?

EDIT: Actually found my answer in the install guide - looks like there is a mounting bracket.

Last edited:
Looking at getting these - are the factory led lights retained?

EDIT: Actually found my answer in the install guide - looks like there is a mounting bracket.
So they actually come with replacement led lamps with integrated mounting brackets.

Glad this thread came back up recently. EpsomD2, the sliders look awesome on your GX and seem like a solid, functional slider.

Pulled the trigger with Expedition One's Labor Day sale. Looking forward to another fall/winter project.

Thanks! What size tire/rim are you running that you're getting the rubbing?
I'm running a 305/50r20. Not my choice for wheel, would have preferred tall skinnies on 16s, but as options for purchases weren't good in 2021, I got what was on the showroom floor and they built for a mall crawler. That's the kind of cutting and panel beating needed to stop the rub plus a 1 degree caster adjustment.

20220907_125704.jpg

I just ordered a set of these, they look really clean!

What are the little cutouts on the inboard edge of the sliders? is that to stabilize a farm jack or something like that?

I looked at these too. The one thing stopping me at the moment is that they recommend 33s, so I’m guessing they’re prone to rubbing with my 34s.

How functional is that side ladder you have? Do you find yourself accidentally kicking the body panel when you place your foot on a rung?

I looked at these too. The one thing stopping me at the moment is that they recommend 33s, so I’m guessing they’re prone to rubbing with my 34s.
Yeah it's a concern I have too. Was debating between 275/70/18s and 275/65/18s, but a bit worried the 33.2s would rub, also they would be load range E or SL, unlike the 32.4s which can be had in load range C.

Anyone with positive or negative experiences on at3ws in standard load wheeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom