Expedition One BULL BAR Style.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When can we expect to see the prototype and/or finished Expedition One Bull BAR...I didnt feel like wading through the last Loooong thread to "maybe" find the answer.....

We've got one set aside for proto-typing right now. The plan if for them to be in full release in mid october... Priceing should be availible in about 2 weeks.

james what are you doing up at 3:47 am? have you seen katrinas write up at offroad .com you got a nice write up on yor bumper.

thanks for the update. I am dying to see the finished product...Any early bird pictures? thanx

mapleton cruiser said:
james what are you doing up at 3:47 am? have you seen katrinas write up at offroad .com you got a nice write up on yor bumper.

Woke up with my kid. he went back to sleep, I couldn't, so I broused a bit....

I looked for the write up and didn't find it but I'll check again....

weever said:
thanks for the update. I am dying to see the finished product...Any early bird pictures? thanx

Ya, they'll be in CAD for now, but we've made a few changes that I'll probobly post to get approval on this thread sence its going... Check back tonight...

OK so hear are some drawings showing the changes that have been made and the difference between the two.

This was the original design:
fjcruiserfb2_tbxfront.jpg

VS the newer/updated design:
fjbbfront.jpg

and from a 1/4 view...:
fjcruiserfb2_tbxside.jpg

VS
fjbbfronttqv.jpg

Questions, Coments, etc, is very much welcome....:)

I don't really see a differance.:confused:

I LOVE this configuration, it looks the best out of all the available FJC bumpers today! E1 really took the appropriate queues regarding the layout of the bars. The vertical lines of the grill, the round headlights, the angles of the turn signals, and the intake grill, all were taken into consideration regarding the placement of the bars. Everyone else is using designs and ideas that have been in place for years and are trying to make them "fit" the FJC.

I really like the change to using smaller diameter tubes for the bars, great decision!

Now if E1 can "certify" (whatever that means) the proper functionality of the front airbags with their bull bar, you will own the aftermarket FJC front bumper standard. The airbag statement from ARB is the only hesitation I have at this point. I am here today because of the proper front airbag deployment 13 years ago, I don't think I can sacrafice safety for looks... Call it ARB marketing if you want, but they have my ear right now, please prove me wrong because I really want this E1 bumper. I won't be ready to purchase a front bumper for another 2-3 months so you have some time to sell me.

OlyWaFJ said:
I LOVE this configuration, it looks the best out of all the available FJC bumpers today! E1 really took the appropriate queues regarding the layout of the bars. The vertical lines of the grill, the round headlights, the angles of the turn signals, and the intake grill, all were taken into consideration regarding the placement of the bars. Everyone else is using designs and ideas that have been in place for years and are trying to make them "fit" the FJC.

I really like the change to using smaller diameter tubes for the bars, great decision!

Now if E1 can "certify" (whatever that means) the proper functionality of the front airbags with their bull bar, you will own the aftermarket FJC front bumper standard. The airbag statement from ARB is the only hesitation I have at this point. I am here today because of the proper front airbag deployment 13 years ago, I don't think I can sacrafice safety for looks... Call it ARB marketing if you want, but they have my ear right now, please prove me wrong because I really want this E1 bumper. I won't be ready to purchase a front bumper for another 2-3 months so you have some time to sell me.

We'll, let me give you some history and feedback. there's 2 companies that are prevalent in the U.S. that have both "Certified" there bumpers as crash tested, and there both from Australia.. Why? Australia is a huge market place when it comes to bull bars. Now just to clarify, bull bars means bumpers w/ hoops, brush guards, and all that stuff in Au. Also over there tons of vehicles have bull bars, and when I say tons I mean they put them on everything from a semi truck, to a tiny little econo car. Now because of there popularity & performance in crashes there has been a big push in AU by anti-bullbar groups to get rid of the bull bar all together.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/bull-bar-study-has-huge-impact/2006/09/14/1157827094307.html
There probably not going to have any luck doing that because bull bars make up a sizable industry in Au, but there has been requirements (for a wile they were more like guidelines) put in place for bull bars to meet. Now some of these started off as basic controversy, where certain auto makers where saying bull bars where effecting the performance of there airbags, so many of the bull bar MFG's started crash testing there bumpers to prove their bumpers worked with the airbags. In 2002 laws where past making more stringent guidelines for bull bars in Au, many of them spawning directly from issues with pedestrian accidents. Most of them have to do with protruding objects, like fishing pole holsters and stuff like that, but also how the bull bars are sloped and such. So the certifications of other companies are all based on Australian standards. Right now the U.S. doesn’t have anything like this in place... More over companies like ARB and TJM have been around sense the 70's so they have a bit of a jump start on the whole thing. Now We could do what other companies have done and just say our bumpers are airbag compatible but for some reason, I think most people, when they see claims like this, think you’ve done more than just calculations in order to back up your statement, like maybe crashing the actual vehicle & bumper. We haven’t done that yet, so unfortunately I can’t claim that not to mention I won’t just so I can sell a bumper... I will say, we designed them with the airbags in mind, and are hoping someday to be one of the first U.S. companies to actually crash test our stuff, but its probably going to take us some time to get that done. 3 months might not be quite long enough....:)
Not trying to defer business, just trying to be honest, and give people real information..

when i get in a wreck with mine i will post the details on air bag deployment damage etc.:)

Lets See It!!!

Since I started this thread and it (as well as the other one) seems to be popular....could we get some real photos? uhhh...say...like every step of the way. We all anxious as hell to see what is coming.....:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

I think the other members will back me up on the request! Right GUYS???

OK quick update on all the Bumpers. We had a few changes that we had to make, and some adjustments to the manufactureing, so it put us a week or 2 behind. For those that have placed orders for the one standard non bullbar ones, we hope to start shipping them next week.

Now for the Bull Bar style bumpers. Right now were working on getting the priceing in order. So at the moment there still in the unknown but we hope to start shipping that model mid to late october. Were also working on a specially reinforced model for those of you that are in a high dear populous areas.

Sorry to keep buggin! but any photos yet? BTW the other bumper looks spectacular! I am just being pushy because I know the new BULL BAR will be even more incredible! Maybe a few photos of it being welded up will make me shut up for a while?

Thanx

ARB owns the equipment to crash test. I don't think anyone wants E-1 to really buy that kind of equipment. What would that do ...triple..., quadruple the price of the bumper.
Besides, put on a big enough bumper and you won't be needing the airbag....
the other guy will. HA

I'm ready to see pics of this one. I am ready to get rid of the stock bumper and get one of these. I like the CAD pics.

If You Build It I Am Sure I Get Get The Owner Of The Dealer I Work At To Buy It For His... He Was One First One In Washington To Have His Fj And 1st One To Have It Lifted Also. Looks Good. He Is Already Talking About Getting Ride Of It And Going With An Auto..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom