Exhaust problem need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
30428FA7-0E01-4E70-A745-A4231544E0FE.jpeg
I have a 94 LandCruiser that I recently purchased. I am having an issue with the exhaust. The previous owner took off the catalytic converters and welded exhaust pipes in their place. They obviously did a terrible job.

Whenever the car is running those replacement exhaust pipes shake and the car is extremely loud. Other than replacing the whole exhaust system is there anything I can do to make this quieter or fix the problem altogether?

Cut those out, find some aftermarket cats, and have those and your choice of muffler welded in by a competent shop. I have a Flowmaster 40 series and I like it. Not too loud or droning.

Lordy, I've never welded a day in my life and I bet I could do a better job than that...

Cut those out, find some aftermarket cats, and have those and your choice of muffler welded in by a competent shop. I have a Flowmaster 40 series and I like it. Not too loud or droning.

Lordy, I've never welded a day in my life and I bet I could do a better job than that
Doesn't sound like a bad idea. Thanks for the advice!

Could run the magna flow off the header with one cat

Since yours is a 94, there are no direct fit aftermarket exhaust systems. You need to go to a local exhaust shop and have replacement cats (such as Magnaflow) installed on the two pipes. Also have the entire system checked out and get your O2 sensors back in place.

Unless you can get by with no emissions testing, you could eliminate the cats, go with better installed straight pipes, and relocate your O2 sensors to the exhaust manifold. There are a few on here that have done this and have done write-ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom