exaust wrap on header (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is this a good idea. i couldent find anything about it on here.

it has been covered on here before. unless your header is ceramic coated or chromed you don't want to use it. it will rot your header out before its time. i had it on a set of headers in a 69 camaro i owned and it did reduce the under hood temps quite a bit.

The wrap works.
x2 on the corrosion issues.
Watch out for the high heat and associated cracking immediately after the insulation ends.

it has been covered on here before. unless your header is ceramic coated or chromed you don't want to use it. it will rot your header out before its time. i had it on a set of headers in a 69 camaro i owned and it did reduce the under hood temps quite a bit.

Funny, my buddy has a clean ass 68 who had his wrapped, until it rotted unbenown to him, and all of a sudden sounded like he lite an m80, with a massive exhaust leak.

Ive always heard dont wrap.

As with anything, "it depends". I have it on about 1/2 my junk.

It does help keeping the heat out of the engine bay. It will keep your rust prone metal parts wetter.

Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Nevada SoCal where it's dry and heat issues are greater, then I think it's probably worth it.

As you go more north I suspect the benefits fade while the detriment grows.

Works well in our area, had several sets wrapped for years, and they seem to last longer wrapped........

Even if it did shorten the life, the benefits might outweigh the consequences.......

Worked great........till they rusted through.
Headers turned out to be more trouble than they're worth on a LC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom