Everyone Alive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a thread for those who were in the storms last night.

We didn't see much here in Olathe, I guess we had a 75 MPH gust at 2:00 AM or so.

Hope everyone made it through the night ok!

:cheers:

-Andrew

tornado sirens about 12:45...made the treck to the cellar...get there just in time for you guessed...sirens stop...storm blows thru...make treck back to bed...no damage here...but they were talking about a twister 2 miles west of lyndon....3 miles from osage city...

osagecruiser

Osage City

I heard Osage City mentioned on the news. You boys OK down there? The big damage was just east and north of me. Gladstone and Liberty got hit pretty good. We heard the train..... luckily never got louder.

Hope eveyone is ok.

EDIT: Well heck, Osage you posted while I was typing! Good to hear y'all are ok.

We had some pretty good size hail in NW Wichita up to about nickel size but most of it was .25"d (pea size I guess).

We had some pretty good size hail in NW Wichita up to about nickel size but most of it was .25"d (pea size I guess).

Up around 53rd and Broadway they had some quarter and larger size hail. We had a claim come in today for 44+ car on a car lot with hail and wind damage. I'm hoping that between the hail and wind I'll be working some roof claims next week..... I could use the money :grinpimp:

hope uall r doing good out there
I'm 20 miles or so south of Olathe and i slept pretty good last night
we have a nice earth contact house and i did not hear a thing :hillbilly:

legend has it that there are many indian burial grounds around osage city...thats why we never take a direct hit from the twisters...works for me!...my house is about 110 years old so maybe there is some truth to it...heck maybe the next time that siren blows i will just push back in my easy chair and watch out the window...nah...i will go to the cellar

osagecruiser

Glad to hear everyone is okay. I thought my apartment was going to get blown over this morning with all the wind but nothing here to speak of.

lunyou

lunyou,

My dad has stories of the fine weather you all get in Rolla. He went to UMR in the early 70's for engineering. It was quite a change for NY kid but he had a great time there.

lunyou,

My dad has stories of the fine weather you all get in Rolla. He went to UMR in the early 70's for engineering. It was quite a change for NY kid but he had a great time there.

What kind of engineer is he?

We get some doozie weather. It can be super nice and then super terrible. But it always seems we have extreme weather here........during the winter we are colder than the surrounding areas and in the summer we are hotter than the surrounding.

I am glad to hear everyone is alright though.

lunyou

Funny you should ask! I sat by mom's bedside during the storm and didn't really care if we got hit by weather. Storm didn't get us but mom passsed about 2:30 pm Friday. Visitation is tonight at DW Newcomers at Gregory and Blue Ridge in Raytown 6 to 8pm with services being tommarow at 10am.
CC

sorry to hear that craig....condolences from the osage city group...i lost my mom 4 years ago...it was hard....

osagecruiser

I am so sorry for your loss, Craig. :frown:

You and your family will be in our thoughts.

We are both very sorry to hear about your loss. Didn't know soon enough to be at the visitation, but know that our thoughts are with you. I lost my mom 14 yrs ago, so understand what you are going through. All I can say is it does get better with time. Peggy and Mike

Craig C, condolences from my family to yours! Stay strong!

Craig,

Our condolences to you and the family. You guys will be in our thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom