Estimating maximum side angle of the LC200 with lift and mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FYI, I had the side airbags fire on flat ground in my 4Runner. Bad sensor and ultimately a recall. And it is no laughing matter if it happens. My neck is tightening up right now just thinking about it and this was at least 12 or 14 years ago. If you were leaning towards the window with your neck already tight it would really suck. And I built Powerlines and played over 40 rugby at the time, it would probably be harder on me now.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in some actual calculations about how roof loads affect this topic, I found a great article here: Roof Loading for Overland Travel: How Much is Too Much? - https://expeditionportal.com/roof-loading-for-overland-travel-how-much-is-too-much/

It's for a vehicle 60% of the weight of ours, but it's helpful. I can't verify the match myself, unfortunately.
This is, indeed, a good read.

Any thoughts though in how a Defender can handle a 370lb dynamic load while a LC can only handle 150lbs?
Just thinking about the two vehicles that doesn’t make sense.

This is, indeed, a good read.

Any thoughts though in how a Defender can handle a 370lb dynamic load while a LC can only handle 150lbs?
Just thinking about the two vehicles that doesn’t make sense.

There have been various discussions in the forum on that, including debate over what the number is actually based on (roof itself, standard rack, etc.). Based on my own usage of the Front Runner rack, I don't think the 150 pounds is right for a robust aftermarket rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom