Engine Out Overhaul Complete (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought it looked suspect too. I've never used it, but common sense uscmas412 says you should paint the nut/bolt and something on the frame/bolt to look for movement?

I'm always flabbergasted when shops have torque paint but don't know how to use it... 😕

Yes, as well as how NOT clean all the hardware they put back on. The paint wouldn't stick to the sides because they didn't clean all the sand, grease, and oil off the hardware before reinstalling it!

Again, this is why I do my OWN work. I cannot stand to deal with this type of crap. I've been there before and been burned HARD. I ended up taking my other engine to a performance shop to figure it out. They did a great job. Now that performance shop is out of business, or I would use them a lot more.

Yes, as well as how NOT clean all the hardware they put back on. The paint wouldn't stick to the sides because they didn't clean all the sand, grease, and oil off the hardware before reinstalling it!

Again, this is why I do my OWN work. I cannot stand to deal with this type of crap. I've been there before and been burned HARD. I ended up taking my other engine to a performance shop to figure it out. They did a great job. Now that performance shop is out of business, or I would use them a lot more.

Yeah, you can't take the appropriate time to do a good job and stay afloat indefinitely in a labor business - you'll price yourself out of business. Sad, but true.

Yeah, you can't take the appropriate time to do a good job and stay afloat indefinitely in a labor business - you'll price yourself out of business. Sad, but true.
They could at least throw the hardware in the parts washer and let it soak off SOME of the sand and grit that they put back on a fresh rebuild.

But who wipes their ass to get it clean? Just knock out the big chunks and you're good to go!

They could at least throw the hardware in the parts washer and let it soak off SOME of the sand and grit that they put back on a fresh rebuild.

But who wipes their ass to get it clean? Just knock out the big chunks and you're good to go!

hahahhahahaha - classic!

I’m sure I’ll catch some flack for this but I myself would taste it. I suppose it could be pag oil with dye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom