Electric Cooling Fan - 1991 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

They electric cooling fan loctated at the front left of the engine bay that blows air on to the manifold. Can this be removed from the vehicle? Is it actually nessesary? And would removing it effect the vehicle performance in any way?

Thanks.

I took mine off for a dual batter setup.

No difference. JMO.

Does the fan operate whilst the engine is on? Or only after the engine has been turned off?

Thanks.

it also comes on with the ignition off

IMAG0218.jpg

1491153183351.jpg

any chance you can send a pic of where the vac lines coming off the TB go? I was raiding parts off the 91 for the 92 with the blown head. that head blew 2 more times so I gave up on that engine and went to sheet metal work on the 91.

any chance you can send a pic of where the vac lines coming off the TB go? I was raiding parts off the 91 for the 92 with the blown head. that head blew 2 more times so I gave up on that engine and went to sheet metal work on the 91.
the headlights and sidelights go in from the front they will not interfere with the fan and my 3 fe is de smogged sorry I don't have any vacuum lines hooked up do you still have the vacuum diagram on the underside of your hood

1491164015500.jpg

1491164053017.jpg

those are helpful, thanks so much. I have done a de-smog and got the unused vac lines looped. it just needs to be all sealed up so it pulls where it is supposed to.

what is the BVSV and can that line get capped? also can the FPR vac line come off side of intake plenum or needs to come off top of TB lines? I can't quite see which line that is.
I removed all of the EGR stuff.

if your car is de smogged you don't need any of it cap everything off the only thing you need vacuum to if your fuel pressure regulator but you can come out off the manifold for that that's the only thing I have vacuum to this is what I used to block off the EGR in the exhaust manifold

View attachment 1434116

1491255281429.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Last edited:
did you tap that fitting for a 1/8" vac tube adaptor? the line on there currently is bigger than standard vac line hose. And is the vacuum at that point pulling as uniformly as from the top of the TB???
I'm pulling to the FPR from the top of the TB

the port in this photo is 1/8 npt I think the lines on top of the throttle body only have vacuum when the throttle body is open I just run it with constant manifold vacuum it's been that way for 17 years my cruiser runs absolutely perfect no issues

IMAG0236.jpg

Last edited:
here is a close-up of what I used or you can use the one on the back and get a 90-degree fitting

1491267924453.jpg

also Dorman makes a perfect size freeze plug to block off the EGR hole in the manifold dorman 555-118

1491268079977.jpg

OK so you found brass to fit the big thread one? what size is that? or did you drill and tap for the 1/8 fitting? I thought the FPR was regulated as a function of demand at idle. I am not even remotely qualified as a mechanic. my local guy for 20 yrs refused to work on either that blown head or anything else for that matter. I live in a village with no other mechanics in range. so 2 FJ80s in the driveway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom