Elections, Club Leadership 2024 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phalconoverland.com
Well friends it's coming up to that time of year where we get to elect the leaders for next year. I went through the bylaws to refresh my aging memory and the process is below. The big takeaway is that the voting is to be done here on mud using a poll with votes hidden. Thus, we will not vote in person for new leadership. The new leadership will be announced the first meeting in January (1/2/2024)

Before I get into the rest, a few thoughts to share. If anyone is interested in being president please do not hesitate to throw your hat into the ring. I am more than happy to continue on but the job can be done better. I have 4 kids and while every atom of my being wants to go on more runs, I only have so much bandwidth. This is my second round as president and I am just has happy to be a member of this club as I am leading it. It's a great group and I have enjoyed so many good times with all of you and plan to keep doing so regardless.

If you would like to run for a position, they are:

President: Conducts meetings, attends as many events as possible, signs checks, appoints committee chairmen.
Vice President: Covers for the president when needed, helps coordinate club runs / events, keeps trip records, functions a Parliamentarian. Signs checks.
Secretary: Keeps records, takes meeting minutes, writes club correspondence, roll call, signs checks if president or treasurer cannot.
Treasurer: Tracks funds, collects dues, keeps records of expenses and dues, makes disbursements / pays bills.
Social Media Director: Maintains social outlets, FB, Instagram, club website, keeps all logins and passwords, changes passwords when the press and VP change.

If you decide to run, it's all the more important that you are up to date with TLCA membership dues.

If we find we have multiple folks who want to run for the same position, we might have you post up a blurb as to why you believe you are the best choice. Typically we have trouble filling all of the positions so in many ways, that would be a nice problem to have.

With all of that out of the way, let's use this thread to gather all who are interested in running. If we can get everyone who is interested signed up by 12/8, I'll put a poll together to get the voting going.

- Frank

I'll run for VP again unless someone else wants to.

I'll throw my hat in for Prez again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom