EGR CAT I/M blinking red no codes (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just got a ‘96 LC with 275k miles. CEL (P0402 and P0325) was on when I purchased from PO. Changed CAT ( front and rear), knock sensor, and EGR valve. I’ve been driving her around (40-60 miles) and so far no more CEL, but when I plug in my obd2 (innova 3100) there is no DTC/ freeze frame data stored in ECU, but i/m monitor shows blinking red CAT and EGR. Will this pass smog in CA?

Remove the 15 amp EFI MAIN fuse in the fuse box on the left fender for about 10 minutes. That should clear out all stored codes and force the ECU to re-learn all sensors. Your idle should be higher and you may notice some other irregularities until you've completed a few drive cycles.

Remove the 15 amp EFI MAIN fuse in the fuse box on the left fender for about 10 minutes. That should clear out all stored codes and force the ECU to re-learn all sensors. Your idle should be higher and you may notice some other irregularities until you've completed a few drive cycles.
Thanks for the input. Just to clarify. Do I remove and drive for 10 minutes? Remove and let car run for 10min? and then re-install?

U plugged EFI Main for 10min. Started 1st drive cycle. CEL came back on with P0325. I/M monitoring for CAT, EGR, HTR, and 02

U plugged EFI Main for 10min. Started 1st drive cycle. CEL came back on with P0325. I/M monitoring for CAT, EGR, HTR, and 02
PO325 is knock sensor #1. You will notice poor gas mileage and lack of power as the ECU has retarded timing to max.
All information is in the Toyota Factory Service Manual (FSM) available to download in the resources section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom