EGR Ball? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some help on this one. I do not have the FSM for the year FJ55 I have. Mine goes up to 1974. The egr setup on my 1977 55 is different then what is being shown on the SOR site.

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat047.tam?xax=4120&page.ctx=cat047.tam

What I have is 047-07 (EGR), 047-42 (EGR Ball), 047-09 (EGR Hose) and then the tube that goes into the carb. There is no 047-40 or 047-41. When I started to do some maintenance on the pig this week I had to take the carb off. I noticed the EGR Hose look kinda odd so I took it off. What I would was the EGR Ball lodged within the center of the EGR Hose. Basically just plugging it off making it useless. Maybe I should just leave it plugged off. But looking at the parts diaghram it should be hooked up like it shows in the picture. Only there doesnt seen to be enough room because there is only room for the EGR Hose and not the two missing items mentioned above. So what do you guys think I should do? Should I just keep the egr plugged off? Anyone else have the same set up as me?

Do you have that bent tube that mounts to the EGR inlet like the pic above the diagram you reference? This is what mine looked like on my 02/80 FJ40:

Last edited:
Doesnt look like that on the carb. Mine has a straight pipe from the egr... then the egr hose with the egr ball inside of it and then the egr tube to the carb. Looks very similar to that on the schematic on sor's page. Yours looks like the one at the very top in the schematic... mine is the one right below that.

Sorry. I don't want to speak for your set-up as I am not familiar with it.

I would think you would need 047-41 EGR Nut as that seems to me to keep the ball on the EGR side of the tubing and hoses. Without it, I could see the EGR Ball moving in the tube and blocking it.

Again, I am out of my element here on this one.

AndrewT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom