EFB Battery Practical Usage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Does anyone use the EFB type of battery for some time please?
I currently have a Duralast Gold regular flood battery, it never let me down in 7 years. OTOH, I put my cars on charger every week.
I have Optimate and CTEK chargers.

I have read enough to avoid discussions on the merits of this or that chemistry type, just asking if anyone has a real life practical experience with EFB.

Thank you

I guess no one does

I'm reading that EFB's are for small cars with start/stop tech. Presumably they are in many cars with that tech. Not sure if they were designed specifically for that or what.
I'm using deep cycle batts in places. (maybe the crank batt too 🤔)
What is your question? And I guess my q to you is for what do you intend or want to use it?
Whatever it is, looks like it will work fine.
Only concern I can think of is the alternator...not sure a vintage alt will play nice with a battery of this type. Or maybe it will...depends how much 'smarts' if any have been added to an EFB.

Seems that the EFB is just what the batts should of had from the start. Batt makers want batts to go bad, offering the EFB a long time ago would have taken money from their pockets, the move to EV's has forced batt manuf. to install the longevity components to batts that they have been witholding for decades. I have not been able to determine if all EFB are lead acid or if the tech applys to the AGM style as well ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom