Edit: FJ62 Stolen in Portland, OR - FOUND! (1 Viewer)

I remember the pit in my stomach when I walked out and my truck wasn't where I thought it was, and the confusion that followed. Mine showed up 9 months later, still had the fridge in it and everything. Someone had used it as transportation for a day or two I'm guessing and left it.
I'm hoping mine doesn't take 9 months to resurface. It's my daily driver for work and dog transporter on the weekends.

Wellllll, couldn't be happier right now. Got a text from a friend of my girlfriend saying that they had spotted my cruiser down the street from their house (about 1.5 miles away from where it was stolen), but with different plates thrown on. Showed up to confirm that it was mine, and sure enough. No broken glass and nothing stolen, but it smelled like the jerk had chain smoked a few packs of marlboro unfiltered cigs and they left some salmon eggs in it. Called the officer that had taken the report the morning before, he cleared the report out, and I was on my way! Best case scenario.

Now, about security. Any suggestions?

Glad you got your rig back. For the smoke smell ozone generator can help.

Last edited:
Wellllll, couldn't be happier right now. Got a text from a friend of my girlfriend saying that they had spotted my cruiser down the street from their house (about 1.5 miles away from where it was stolen), but with different plates thrown on. Showed up to confirm that it was mine, and sure enough. No broken glass and nothing stolen, but it smelled like the jerk had chain smoked a few packs of marlboro unfiltered cigs and they left some salmon eggs in it. Called the officer that had taken the report the morning before, he cleared the report out, and I was on my way! Best case scenario.

So glad you got it back. The worst feeling ever. Mine was stolen a few weeks back. Got it back and immediately bought the best club you can buy and also put a kill switch on it. I think both of these techniques are your best bet IMO.

klinetime574

TLCA #27404
SILVER Star
Glad to hear you got it back. One of my worst fears. I've used a club in the past. For the most part I just always make sure it's secure. Which mostly means I rarely drive it these days. I've seen shift locks, kill switches, etc. Do whatever you can. Multiple small things would slow down someone looking for a quick trip.

Living in the car theft capital of the country I’d say a club and ignition kill switch. I think these days with the Millennial generation a manual is a deterrent and as an extra step you can put the transfer case in neutral but I realize that’s not an option for you.

MANUCHAO

omnia mea mecum porto

Glad your rig is back !!!
Gear lock

1607661338908.png

Last edited:
Ive heard people using these. Basically a kill switch and hood lock all in one deal. Or go to Napa buy a switch for $3 and get some wiring and do it yourself.

Spook50

My daughter likes Stitch
Supporting Vendor

A 1911 works great, but then again only if you catch them in the act and they attempt to attack you.....

To be serious, I'm a big fan of a disguised kill switch and now that I have a manual I really want to do the shift lock. I'd have it powder coated red for high visibility too, but that's just me. I'm a big believer of deterrents.

Great news! I've always used a Club. Back when mine was a daily driver in the L.A. area and San Diego back in the late '90s and early '2000s I didn't worry too much about theft because the vehicles just weren't so popular/valuable. Different story these days.

I like the ideas forwarded here of ordinary looking switch in sight as kill switch, and the ridiculously simple idea of putting the transfer case in neutral.

So glad you got it back. The worst feeling ever. Mine was stolen a few weeks back. Got it back and immediately bought the best club you can buy and also put a kill switch on it. I think both of these techniques are your best bet IMO.
Thanks! Still can't believe I was able to find it 24 hours later. I immediately picked up a club, pulled the efi fuse after I parked it, and left the transfer in neutral. Going to wire in the kill switch(es) this weekend.

Living in the car theft capital of the country I’d say a club and ignition kill switch. I think these days with the Millennial generation a manual is a deterrent and as an extra step you can put the transfer case in neutral but I realize that’s not an option for you.

Just picked up a club and going to wire in a switch this weekend, and left the transfer in neutral, pulled the efi fuse. The 5 speed, I would think, would be a deterrent for most. Doesn't help when the thief is a greasy old tweeker that grew up on a 3 speed. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom