ECGS Front Diff Bushing, Anyone Running One? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After putting 5100's on the Sequoia I have the common front differential growl. Tried a diff drop kit with no change so I ordered the bushing replacement from ECGS yesterday. Is anyone running one? Any install tips?

I have the ECGS bushing/bearing. Watch videos on YouTube, they will show how to install. Did you get an alignment after installing the 5100s ? How high did you lift ?

I did get an alignment and went with the lowest setting on the perch, gave a noticeable lift. I had to bring the rear up to level it. Are you pleased with the bushing?

Received the bushing and installed it this afternoon. The install went smooth and was really quite simple with the help of their special tools. I purchased the bushing, bushing driver, oem seal, and seal driver; I must say it was worth every cent for the tools. I have plenty of seal drivers and sockets, but having the exact size was priceless. Also their axle seal driver is fantastic as it bottoms out on the case and holds the seal in place, you can't screw it up. Finally, just like the 4th gen platform, there is no need to take brake caliper off or disconnect the tie rod end to get the axle out. Simply remove the bottom ball joint bracket bolts and there is plenty of play to get it out. The whomp whomp whomp is gone now too, fantastic.

Reactions: Nay
Ive had one for ~20k miles. Fixed a vibration I got after lifting and it has not come back.

Easy to install for non-tards. Get the tool.

I installed one in my 08 DC(130k) two weeks ago. Install was smooth and initially seemed good. We just did a ~200 mi drive on the interstate and I’m getting a noise at 80mph. At first I thought it was the tow mirror vibrating in a string cross wind, but ruled that out by holding the mirror. It sounds like sheet metal vibrating, if that makes sense. I’ve reached out to ECG, but it’s the weekend. Anyone else here have issues ?

****Edit***
On the drive home I got fiddling with stuff and I think I have the culprit- loose plastic cladding on the inside of the fender well. I zip tied it up for now. 80mph was quiet afterwords.
Please return to your regular scheduled programming.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom