SOLD East TN - '76 fj40 Project Jump Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
IMG_5543.JPEG

Hey guys, here is a nice project with a lot of work already complete. I purchased this with the plan of robbing the chassis and tub for my 78 project. I since decided that I really wanted to bring the 78 back from the ground up in its entirety. The rust wasn't as bad as thought on my 78 so I'm going to rescue it. Great opportunity here for someone that wants to jump start their build. The individual I bought this project from performed all the work. I have all his build photos getting it to this point.

Here are the details:
1976 fj40. Many hours have already been invested. Completely disassembled with parts well organized in containers. Every bolt is packaged and labeled.
Chassis is restored with frame blasted and painted, knuckles rebuilt and new rotors and calipers. Over $2000 in new OME suspension components. 2-2.5 inch lift.
Rebuilt aluminum block 5.3 LS engine and 4l60 auto transmission. LS has truck intake/coils/injectors. Advance adapters motor and trans mounts have already been welded into the frame.
Brand new steel wheels and tires.
All rust has been cut out and repaired/replaced. The rear bed does have some pitting marks but is solid. This would need smoothed out during paint prep if your plan was to leave it uncovered in bare metal.

Front doors, ambulance doors, and the top are all there and still need restoring. Have both front seats and 1 of the rear fold down seats. Roll cage and all glass is there as well.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but this is the bulk of it. Over $6k in parts and many hours invested. 2f engine and 4speed trans also available if interested (currently for sale on mud)
If your goal is to fully restore, this is a fast track that will save you time and $$$.

Accepting the best offer I receive over 10k. Thanks!

63130741905__70583FFC-DC57-43BA-921B-17B19833B925.JPEG

IMG_4696.JPEG

63813802242__B1854226-2A7A-46E9-9B2C-4CC296AB3C22.JPEG

IMG_2205.JPEG

What’s wrong with the original 2F engine/trans, anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom