Dumb question for you rhd in us guys (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did you swap your headlight housings to lhd housings so the beam cut is correct for lhd? I want to put brighter Led in but don't want to blind other drivers. Thanks

FWIW mine weren't swapped out for the correct beam cutoff.

I'll be retrofitting mine at some point or will swap to a Depo (or similar) main housing. For me, I rarely drive at night in the 80 and it's not the daily, so headlights are near the bottom of the priority list.

Whatever you decide, don't put LED bulbs into halogen housings - they simply aren't designed for them. Though the LEDs appear brighter at the source, the distance of the beam will be reduced and you'll likely blind oncoming traffic.

Best options for increased output are either a high performance halogen bulb or a complete retrofit.

From what I've read, that's a legal requirement to even get the vehicle out of the dock when importing.
That is one of those myths, just like swapping seatbelts, tailights, and windshields. All old myths started by old importers to sway people away from doing so themselves. There is no such requirement, only thing required is to make sure the vehicle is 25 years old.

Did you swap your headlight housings to lhd housings so the beam cut is correct for lhd? I want to put brighter Led in but don't want to blind other drivers. Thanks
No. I haven't even adjusted mine as it's so barely noticeable, you almost you can't even tell. I rarely adjust them in any of my cars I import, actually. I've done LED's in mine and even with the lift it's not much of an issue. but - it also depends on if the previous owner has adjusted them to be higher. once in a while it happens and you make an adjustment. you'll get the cool foglights with the JDM lights too!

That is one of those myths, just like swapping seatbelts, tailights, and windshields. All old myths started by old importers to sway people away from doing so themselves. There is no such requirement, only thing required is to make sure the vehicle is 25 years old.

No. I haven't even adjusted mine as it's so barely noticeable, you almost you can't even tell. I rarely adjust them in any of my cars I import, actually. I've done LED's in mine and even with the lift it's not much of an issue. but - it also depends on if the previous owner has adjusted them to be higher. once in a while it happens and you make an adjustment. you'll get the cool foglights with the JDM lights too!
I'm in Canada and still have the original Japanese glass lens installed. When I bought the truck, the beam alignment was very noticeable to the left when tested on the garage door so I adjusted them as far to the right as possible and that helped a lot. While there are still some artifacts of light scattered to the left, I have not gotten any oncoming high beam blinkers so its probably not much of an anoyance. In my opinion, some of the HID equipped vehicles are way brighter and more of a real annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom