Dual LED headlights are aimed very low (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a way to calibrate the auto level LED low beam headlights? This is my 3rd vehicle with LED lights and they are pointed low.....like very low.

I am not trying to blind anyone. But even with a regular sedan maybe 20 feet in front of me in traffic...well my lights dont even shine on their plates located on the trunk. The lights are really kinda at the bottom of the bumper, and under the car almost. It is really bad on hills, going down a hill they are pointed at the bottom of the hill, while the other side going back up is completely dark. I have noticed this issue driving the truck for less than a week. The LEDs are not like this on my TLC200.

I had a Prius that was also having this issue, turned out the auto level sensor that is suppose to be connected to the rear suspension had come completely off. Does the GX have a auto level sensor like this some where I can check?

Anyone else having this issue? Can you manually AIM them up a bit like old school lights? Or all they completely automated?

Just trying to get a couple ideas before I start tearing it apart or ask the dealer.

Thanks for your time.

Each headlight assembly has an adjustment screw on the backside of the housing. On the driver's side its very easy to see, as the engine covers nearly expose it. The passenger's side is hidden well but can be accessed without taking the cover off.

The adjustment screw has an 8mm head on the vertical face, however it's notched like a gear ring and you can use a #2 Philips head driver to make the adjustment in the slot.

Proper aim is supposed to be a 2" drop at 24'.

EDIT:
This thread on CL will give you an idea, although this is for the GS

@MCDavis Cool, thanks for the link...I will read through that. I didn't look yet, but the auto leveling lights do still have adjustments?

Yes, they do. I've adjusted mine a handful of times now to find the right balance of distance projection without blinding.

It's also detailed in the owner's manual.

I learned something new tonight.
The bolt A referenced in the manual is vertical adjustment.
Bolt B is horizontal adjustment. I’ve been curious why I had an apparent dark spot on my drivers side and it appears that my drivers side headlight was aimed too far across the front of the truck and not directly out in front. Took a little patience but got it nailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom