Dual crank pulley on 3B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I want to put air and PS pump on my truck but would like to run it on a secondary belt just wondering If any 3b engines came with a dual crank pulley and if so anyone want to get rid of one???? or sell one if it comes to that :) .

1983 and up 3Bs with power steering had the double pulley. My guess is anyone that has one wants an arm and leg for it. It might be cheeper to fab one up from a different vehicle, hell, you might get lucky, and a different toyota engine pulley might bolt right up.
Cheers,
Deny

Ive got a waterpump pully from a chev 350 on mine. Just need to drill and tap the stock one to match up. works great.

Dan

There are two different crank pulleys on the 3B's. The early ones have only two holes for the pulley when removing the crank pulley. The later ones have six holes which are used to bolt on the additional pulleys for A/C and power steering. The later trucks with power steering but no air have a metal spacer in place of the A/C pulley. Trucks with both A/C and power steering have three belts and three pulleys at the crank.

the pulleys and idlers are $$ for sure
I have a few sets here you can look at to see if you can reproduce a home brew set cheaper.
it looks like a fair bit of work to make a proper idler though
what does your lower 3B pulley look like?
send a pic to my personal email address

so Steven, do you have a few 3b pulley set?

if so how much to part with one little pulley?? I need a pulley for my York set up.

I've got a few complete kits and I'm pretty sure I've got a few misc parts as well.
I'll check as soon as I can
I've been/still working with Toyota Canada on a photo shoot for the new FJ.
so between that and sales orders, I'm totally booked until Saturday noonish

are you looking for the idler as well?
which belt width do you need?

Mud_Guppie said:
I've got a few complete kits and I'm pretty sure I've got a few misc parts as well.
I'll check as soon as I can
I've been/still working with Toyota Canada on a photo shoot for the new FJ.
so between that and sales orders, I'm totally booked until Saturday noonish

are you looking for the idler as well?
which belt width do you need?

I am looking for the pulley that sits between the ps and the alternator crank pulley..

So basically on a standard Bj with no A/c or PS it would have one pulley on the crank. I have one with PS, so I have a blank spot between the PS pulley and the ALT pulley.

I need the A/C one.. for the crank. I have an idler pulley on my york unit already.

Not sure on the width. It looks standard wide belt.

If you need more info pls PM me.. I really want to find a pulley to go on the crank. If I can't find a 3B one I will have to search junkyards I guess. I just want the easy approach.

Thanks

The A/C belt is equivalent in width to an industrial "A" belt.

thanks cruiser_guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom