Dual Battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dILzNAK

WORD
Threads
Website
www.fjcruiserforums.com
I have been wanting to do a dual battery set up for a while now. I have a red top from my old ride just sitting in the garage getting old. A few months ago I found a kit that included everything I needed a wire kit, solenoid for isolating the battery's, set of 4ga battery cables, a nice switch panel and some instructions to top it off. ( 12VoltGuy.com ) The thing that sold me on the kit is the fact that everything stays connected to the main or Org. battery and the 2nd batt is charged and only used when needed or when main batt is dead you flip a switch and self jump... I thaught that was pretty kool!! So I orderd it and had him hook it up for me, at the time he didnt offer a panel for the dual batt to replace the ash tray in the 4runner (he does now.... Wierd!) so I talked to him about that and throwing in the ole "ND".... ANYWAY.... he had to make my order so it took a while, but just long enough for my cheap ass to find a battery box, found a guy on Ebay from upstate nice product, nice price and discounted shipping! I decided now that all of my cooling/heating issues were taken care of and the weather wasent too bad it was timne for the install, I didnt take a bunch of pix in middle of the install but here are a few of the aftermath...
2011-03-26 08.57.51 (800x600).jpg
2011-03-26 08.58.22 (800x600).jpg
2011-03-26 08.58.30 (600x800).jpg

Looks pretty clean! Hey, how 'bout doing mine when we get together for the Locker? 2nd time will go faster. I'll hand you the tools and you'll be too busy too get down and dirty with J.A.J. ! :D

That way when it's cold Daphne can have her electric blanket on instead of me.

you should show the wiring diagram or at least where the wires go.

and theres nothing actually showing dual(ling) batteries :flipoff2:

DO IT!

you should show the wiring diagram or at least where the wires go.

and theres nothing actually showing dual(ling) batteries :flipoff2:

DO IT!

YOUR KILLN ME SMALLS!!!

I mean, Yes dear! I will take some new photos 2mrow just for you!

And make sure I can understand it, you know, an average guy. No Electro-Phd-Magnetohead descriptions. :rolleyes:

diagram and some of the wires he sends, I cut off a few feet. He does a hell of a job labeling everything and making it ND proof
2011-03-28 11.54.57 (800x600).jpg
2011-03-28 11.56.53 (800x600).jpg
2011-03-28 12.10.22 (800x600).jpg

mmmmm. . . . actual tech. :flipoff2:

pretty simple kit. i have to assume you just leave the switch on whichever battery you want the alt to charge, and then swap when its good.

It charges both batt's when running, both batt's are used for winching when running ect.... the switch is on Normal unless you kill main batt then switch to emergancy to self jump

From his site

"norm mode is switched with ignition
both battery's connected with motor on, both charge
emer is used if you drain main battery by leaving something on
while motor is off when battery's are isolated, lights, radio etc, flip switch to emer to self jumpstart
off is just a manual control to isolate them when motor running if wanted"

Perhaps a better explanation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom