DS mirror malfunctioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The passenger side outside mirror functions just fine, but when I click the power mirror control switch to the drivers side the up arrow moves the mirror up and in. When I push the left arrow the mirror moves down and out. Therefore I cant raise the mirror up and to the left. Since the switch works properly when switched to the passenger side I would think the switch would not be the problem. But what do I know.

BTW I just bought this 1998 LC. Other than the annoying brake pulsation, it just has a few minor issues. BTW I have already searched and either this issue hasn't been covered or I'm not putting in the right search words/phrase.

Thanks

The passenger side outside mirror functions just fine, but when I click the power mirror control switch to the drivers side the up arrow moves the mirror up and in. When I push the left arrow the mirror moves down and out. Therefore I cant raise the mirror up and to the left. Since the switch works properly when switched to the passenger side I would think the switch would not be the problem. But what do I know.

BTW I just bought this 1998 LC. Other than the annoying brake pulsation, it just has a few minor issues. BTW I have already searched and either this issue hasn't been covered or I'm not putting in the right search words/phrase.

Thanks

Not 100% sure, but many car mirrors are mounted on a ball mount that is adjustable just by pushing on the glass. (don't touch the switch). See if the mirror has been push to the limit and is therefore rigid.

Other choice, the switch is good but the wiring to the motor is inverted in the mirror assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom