Driving my 200 Ca to Fla thru i-40 happy to meet 200 owners along the way and ideal places (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Driving with my family on a 200 to florida from socal via i40 ideal places to see and meet some 200 owners or cruiser owners along the way. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

I have drive the portion between New Mexico and Knoxville a couple of times in the past year, a few cool sites for Route 66 remnants (there is a cool gps app you can download) but not much else along the way, at lleast in my opinion, until Arkansas. Once in Ark the territory gets Cruiser friendly again and plenty of places of interest depending on your time line, maybe some folks local to there can suggest. TN has several cool things, just depends on what you and/or your passengers are interested in!

Not sure when you are planning the trip but the I40 bridge over the Mississippi River is closed to repair a crack, I would plan appropriately!

I have drive the portion between New Mexico and Knoxville a couple of times in the past year, a few cool sites for Route 66 remnants (there is a cool gps app you can download) but not much else along the way, at lleast in my opinion, until Arkansas. Once in Ark the territory gets Cruiser friendly again and plenty of places of interest depending on your time line, maybe some folks local to there can suggest. TN has several cool things, just depends on what you and/or your passengers are interested in!

Not sure when you are planning the trip but the I40 bridge over the Mississippi River is closed to repair a crack, I would plan appropriately!

Yea i heard about it. Im planning to go aug hopefully its done. Thanks for the heads up

Unless there is a specific reason to do I40, I'd be tempted to go I40 to I17 to I10. At least that way you can check out Grand Canyon, Sedona, Phoenix, Tucson, El Paso before hitting the brutal stretch to the green part of Texas. I'd much rather deal with the absolute nothingness that is the stretch from El Paso to San Antonio to give me stops in San Antonio, Houston, New Orleans, the Gulf Coast vs. the misery of Flagstaff to Memphis on I40.

Hi- I own a restaurant between Little Rock and Memphis 1/4 mile off I-40. Message me when you are passing through, and we’ll compare rigs haha!

I go from Huntsville, AL to Oklahoma City semi- frequently via Nashville. The I-40 closure is an inconvenience, but doing the I-55 belt route is still doable. I'd recommend doing it at "zero dark thirty" if you do the trip while the bridge is still not fixed. Like others have mentioned above, definitely plan accordingly.

As far as meeting other cruisers, Huntsville/North Alabama/Tennessee Valley has a good portion of 200's. Beautiful scenery is also a benefit!

If you're passing through Amarillo TX, be sure to stop at Cadillac Ranch.

If you're passing through Amarillo TX, be sure to stop at Cadillac Ranch.
We passed by. Thanks for the heads up. Iv seens 7 cruisers in an hour in amarillo. 5 200s 1 100 and 1 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom