Driveshaft shop near Alexandria (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey y'all,
I've got a bad U joint and I'm looking for recommendations on a driveline shop near Alexandria that I can just take the shaft itself to and have them rebuild it with new joints. Thank you!

Last edited:

I've used them before and their service was just OK.

I only ever use for over 30 + years A-1 drive shaft in Baltimore Maryland

Is it a hike ?

Not for me

If it’s a hike for you ?

Then you will absolutely get what you pay for ..

A job well done from a family
Owned and operated company for over 1/2 a century

OBTW, U-joints aren't that difficult to replace.

How many miles are on the driveshaft? Once they start getting up there the slip joints start to wear out and cause noise. A lot of times it's cheaper to get a new driveshaft from Toyota than it is to replace the u-joints and have a new slip joint welded in.

I only ever use for over 30 + years A-1 drive shaft in Baltimore Maryland

Is it a hike ?

Not for me

If it’s a hike for you ?

Then you will absolutely get what you pay for ..

A job well done from a family
Owned and operated company for over 1/2 a century
Matt, will they do thicker wall tubing that may include a lathe to assure proper fit? There was a place in Culpeper that put in as thick a wall tubing as you want, but it is apparently no longer in business. Ask Bob about his twisted up rear driveshaft... Um, don't read too deeply into that...

How many miles are on the driveshaft? Once they start getting up there the slip joints start to wear out and cause noise. A lot of times it's cheaper to get a new driveshaft from Toyota than it is to replace the u-joints and have a new slip joint welded in.
And keep the old one for a trail spare after replacing the ujoints.

Matt, will they do thicker wall tubing that may include a lathe to assure proper fit? There was a place in Culpeper that put in as thick a wall tubing as you want, but it is apparently no longer in business. Ask Bob about his twisted up rear driveshaft... Um, don't read too deeply into that...

they will exceeded all your expectations providing you provide a KRYSTAL KLEAR scope of work request up front prior to your inital order

simple yet details matter here

22248_contents4.gif

Thanks Ryan! And thanks others for the recommendations :) About 228k, though I don't think it's making noise. Is there an easy way to tell it's bad once it's off the truck?

Thanks Ryan! And thanks others for the recommendations :) About 228k, though I don't think it's making noise. Is there an easy way to tell it's bad once it's off the truck?
If there's play when twisting the two halves of the slip joint it's getting worn. It's easier to tell on the truck. Shake the driveshaft by grabbing the slip joint. You'll feel the slop.

It has 200k+ on it. Replace with new oem - it got you to this point. Keep the old one as a trail spare or sell it. I’d buy it from ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom