Driver side blows warm and passenger side much cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What’s wrong? Left side blows warm good enough, but at the same time right side blows almost cold. I can feel at the center vents too, the left side blows hotter than right. The blow is about the same.

I checked the cabin air filter, it’s good. The air flow selector works, aiming changes like supposed. Coolant level is ok, AC works ok.

Haven’t had it happen in my fj, but it sounds like the same thing that happens in my dodge pickup. There’s a flap that opens & closes allowing the direction of heat or cooling. Either the rotating actuator stops working or the connection point on the flap breaks disabling the correct function option.
Is it blowing at the same velocity on both sides?
At least you have heat on the drivers side, mine will cook the passenger while I freeze my butt off driving

There’s a flap that opens & closes allowing the direction of heat or cooling. Either the rotating actuator stops working or the connection point on the flap breaks disabling the correct function option.
Is it blowing at the same velocity on both sides?
Yes, but isn’t that flap affect both sides at the same time?

The velocity is slower in passengers side, still good enough.

Maybe the heater core is glogged? I don’t know how it would be possible, I have used nice pink coolant all the time.
Here is the same problem solved: Hot air driver side and passenger side cooler

0D55DC1A-C782-4640-8358-96D437688F36.jpeg

G05580060.png

Just spitballing, but maybe the air ducts on the passenger side are exposed to more fresh air being so close to the intake/cabin filter assembly? Could try wrapping those ducts with insulating mat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom