Driver front seat belt wet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife went to drive our 2000 cruiser today and came back inside saying the seat belt is wet. We had a decent rain yesterday but all windows were up. Any idea what's going on? Anyone ever apply air pressure from a compressor using a blow gun at the sunroof drain corner in the driver rear corner when the sunroof is open (assuming you can have access to that with the sunroof open). Send ideas and solutions if you got them. Thanks

I had the same issue. After checking the sunroof drains, which were clear, I started sealing off roof areas and spraying water... I finally found that one of the front roof rack bolts had not been properly secured when someone had the roof rack off, presumably to paint the roof since I saw paint lines when pulling interior trim.

The water was leaking down the interior B-Pillar and down the interior trim on the a-pillar. Look at that trim and see if you can see any evidence of water. I fixed the leak by removing both bolts and shooting silicone in the bolt holes and properly securing the bolts.

You can pour water in the sunroof drain channels with the sunroof open to see if they are clear. You might have to have the truck on an incline in order to get it to drain to the rear. If one is clogged you can try trimmer line, dish soap, compressed air, etc.

How do I get to the rear drain holes? I can't see them with the sunroof slid open

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom