Driver Door Lock Actuator Tear Down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it's been a while since I've torn open my 80 series and today I wanted to tackle the driver-side door lock not locking. So skinny is that the driver-side door lock will not lock with the buttons but can be locked with the key. So I tore open my driver-side door and pulled out the actuator. I first checked it and while I can feel something trying to turn in the actuator it makes no progress at all. so I pulled the baby over to my work bench and figured id just replace the whole thing, Gulp* till I looked at the price for a used one.... (ya I'm cheap) sooo I then proceeded to tear it open. I have it all apart on my workbench and I guess my main question is, Id like to just replace the motor as that seems to be the only part that is moving, Does anyone have a good link to a replacement motor. Secondly, there is a little doo hickey that has it's own smaller wire and connector, it has power running to it but I don't see a motor, does this thing have a motor or is it just used to sense when the key opens the car door twice to unlock all the doors? (pictures included)

And lastly, the connectors where pretty corroded inside and I broke the sleeve off the smaller connector, if I have to replace this with a used one is there a wire I can find another connector and resplice my wires (again pictures included as this is probably pretty confusing to describe)

IMG_1418.JPEG

IMG_1419.JPEG

IMG_1423 - Copy.JPEG

IMG_1423.JPEG

IMG_1424.JPEG

Last edited:
Here's a few links that might help; first one has other links in the thread:

The doo hickey detirmains if the key has been double pumped to unlock the rest of the doors. It's a mechanical counter.

FYI, when you solder the gear onto the new motor shaft, take a diamond file and scrub the shaft lengthwise to create more surface area for the solder to wet.

Thanks guys upon looking at it it looks the motor has bit the dust, gave it some 12v power and nothing is coming out of it, Also think it may be stripped at the bottom as the worm gear looks to be turning freely from the shaft. I followed that link, it looks like that motor should work for my truck, Ill give that a shot thanks!

Here's a few links that might help; first one has other links in the thread:

Thanks guys upon looking at it it looks the motor has bit the dust, gave it some 12v power and nothing is coming out of it, Also think it may be stripped at the bottom as the worm gear looks to be turning freely from the shaft. I followed that link, it looks like that motor should work for my truck, Ill give that a shot thanks!

The connector is listed in the Wiring Harness Repair Manual, available for free in the resources section.

a) if the rear of the connector housing has a plug in it the wire goes through, it's weatherproof
b) count the number of terminals in either connector housing, that'll be the "PIN" count in the housing charts.

the part number starts with "90980-", the last five are the specific housing part number.

I've attached the door lock control EWD section; the last page has all the connectors on it.

Attachments

• door lock control (ppg 112-116).pdf
    61.5 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom