Driveline shop? Looking for a DC shaft and Joey is out of stock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there. Got my 3" Tour Flex lift springs in and have a "grr" on slack throttle now. Looking to go for a DC shaft, am wondering if there's a shop local to SoCal who can build one up (I texted Joey too but haven't heard back, I know he's busy.) Alternatively, if anyone has ordered the Tom Woods shaft and can explain to me how to order from them and basically get what @NLXTACY sells, that'd be awesome.

I bought both of my 80's driveshafts here. Performance Driveline

There prices were incredibly good. I was on travel for work so ordered ahead of time and picked them up. That wa 2017 and the drive shafts are still performing flawlessly.

Frank

How's your caster? Are you current drive shafts installed out of phase?

Just verified, front driveshaft is out of phase. Caster is at 3.9º left, 4.6º right as per alignment last week. I think the Delta arms are what rotated the axle enough to where there's an issue, although it's hard to be sure since I did front coils (new ones are about 1" higher than the old ones) as well as the radius arms at the same time.

If there's a cheaper way to keep the nice driving characteristics and get ride of the "grr" (besides pulling the driveshaft) let me know! Thanks.

Check the rear driveshaft as well...and make sure the orientation is correct. Mine was reversed from PO and it was not an issue until I lifted my truck.

Which Delta arms did you put in?

I put in the Delta 4's. The additional axle rotation compared to the OME caster bushings (PO installed, and a bit worn I discovered) was noticeable, I had to fight with it to get the bolts in on the new arms. Sure drives nicely though! I changed a lot in a short period so it's hard for me to be sure what's responsible for what (panhard vs radius arms vs shocks etc) but the end result is pretty glorious.

Except for that "grr" haha.

I'll check the rear driveshaft as well, although if it's wrong it's going to be my fault as I had pulled it when regearing the transfer case. I know it's in phase at least, I guess it's possible it's reversed (tube vs slip yoke?)--was that the issue on yours?

Yup, my rear was flip flopped. My in phase/out of phase was off as well. Once I fixed that and swapped the driveline around in the rear I had no more grrrr...
1606891010584.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom