drive line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driveline is jacked up where the splined part goes into the yoke has a about 1/4" slop in it. The shaft used to be the front i shortend it about 2 inches and put it on the back (doing a spring over) and the U JOINTS are brand new, the shaft doesnt feel sloppy out of the truck but as soon as i tighten it down it has the slop Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or have a yoke for sale?

wheres the slop?
and i assume you are talking about a fj40..

If you have slop at the flages on the diff and tcase, it could be as simple as tightening the pinion nut. With a loose pinion nut the flange can wooble, but you might not know it without the shaft bolted down. So if you can grab the driveshaft and shake it back and forth this could be the problem. This picture shows the flange and pinion nut on the pinion.

Hope this helps...Also, dont forget to check to see if you have wooble at the flange on the transfer-case. but to tighten that nut you would have to remove the parking brake(which is ralativley easy)

basically think of it like male/female the tube part of the shaft is the male and were it slides into the opposite yoke is the female that is where the slop is (the female parts are all loose and strecthed out even though it looks good just looking at it, no inuendo inteded)

Your slip and stub are bad...

Post up in the wanted section for a drive shaft...

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom