drive line knock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, got a problem some of you may have had. Ive framed off a 75 40 with a 6.2 sm465 sprung over with emu suspention. Got a full floater with lock rit locker. My problem is when i ran through all gears sitting on engine stands there is no vibration or knock, when i tighten rear brakes (maybe a little to tight) ther is a definate knock would this be one brake being to tight working against the locker their is a cordon joint in drive shaft and both axels turned 8 degrees

Your 8 degree figure is meaningless for the rear. You need to point the rear pinion at the transfer case or you will have vibes when running a double cardan joint. I take it the ujoint is on the pinion end and your DC joint is at the transfer case end like it should be?

yes cardan joint is on trans side and pinion is pointing straight at tc onll obout 1 inch of play in slipe joint though

Sorry guys found it . I had fabed up header pipes for the 6.2 did not put hanger on pass side was bouncing of E brake drum could not see it by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom