Downey bell housing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TS888

Almost the person my dog thinks I am...
Threads
Search has failed me, so I call on the collective wisdom. I have a Downey V8 bell housing, and I'm curious what it will fit.

Obviously it fits a SBC, that's what it came off of and you can see the SBC pattern in the grunge. But, there are many other bolt holes. As a reference, the closer of the top non-SBC holes are 4.5" spacing, and the wider are 7" spacing. This doesn't match Ford SB, but it looks similar to Chrysler SB.

Anyone know? And yes, I PM'd Mr. Downey, but I thought I might get a hit from some other 'Mud genius.
DSCI0439.jpg
DSCI0438.jpg
DSCI0435.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC, they offered a Universal type app. Besides SBC, if may fit the Chevy big block, Caddy?, Mopar?. With dual clutch windows, and dual starter ports, it could fit a lot of stuff.

SBC and BBC share the same pattern. What you have there looks like it has the BPO pattern, (Buick, Pontiac Oldsmobile) as well as the Chevy stuff. That's a nice piece of hardware.

Now that I compare, it does look like it has the BPO pattern. Maybe even fits the GM metric (S10) pattern.

I wish it crossed over with Ford, 5.0's are almost as plentiful and equally as cheap as SBC's. I'd love to have the dizzy up front. Guess I could bite the bullet and go Vortec shopping...

Use it to swap in a Isuzu 4BD1/2 diesel like I did! There's one for sale here on mud(Not mine) and they work great.

Doug

For the record, Jim confirms Chevy and BPO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom