Dometic sink/stove combo issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey folks,

Couple of issues I'm having with my sink/stove combo an wanted your inputs.

- the alum piping is experiencing galvanic corrosion under the stove.
- one of the burner lost 50% of its output
- third burner knob refuses to turn after being depressed. It does in/out just fine but doesn't want to rotate. I've tried squiring wd-40 in the stem but no luck.

I can take the whole shebang out and start taking things apart but wanted to see if y'all had any thoughts. I've reached out Dometic for a repair manual and/or ideas. I bet they're gonna tell me to take it to an authorized dealer :rolleyes:

I'm also coming to the conclusion that this arrangement of three weirdly oriented burner makes no sense. Two burners side by side maybe more practical. This triple burner/sink combo unit caught my eye but I don't think I have the real estate for it. Of course they don't list the dimensions on their site

1660679973114.png
1660680000293.png
1660680024290.png
1660680239422.png

1660680254618.png

Got a reply from Dometic and learned that my stove model # is 3COMBI-8901 and it's NLA, which is what I expected. Dometic's standard answer is below and they sent me and an image file with part #s.

This is a start!

Hello,

We are not the a technical support department, there is no technical support department for consumers. This is the customer support department and we can help with basic troubleshooting and parts.

This is a Model 3COMBI-8901, it is no longer available for purchase.

Reading your email I was able to pull up the 3 different gas line part numbers for you, unfortunately we do not have a parts breakdown that we can send out for this product.

dometic image.png

After I return from a camping trip this weekend, I think I'll pull the whole shebang out and take some measurements for an useful two burner stove and a separate bar sink that's surface mount The current three burner design is not that great, particularly for a cast iron skillet that's rectangular shaped. Additionally, the burners are too close together.

Here's a two burner stove that caught my eye, and I'm sure it's Chinese but I like the simplicity. I'll need check the dimensions against the hole left behind from removing the current stove/sink combo.

Here's a sink that I like, not sure if the depth is too much though. Top Mount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink 2-Hole Handmade 16 Gauge 27.5 inch USA | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/234616613503

1661373599418.png

1661373456134.png

Not to clutter up your thread, but I was on EP today and I saw this trailer article and the kitchen it had and said to myself, I've seen that stove/sink combination before. And sure enough, when I came back on mud, it's what you have. Well not exactly, but close.

I find these slide out kitchens fascinating and when upgrading the galley in my 3FM Trail Head, wanted to find a source for trailer kitchen supplies. I lowered my expectations after no luck finding what I wanted and ended up fabbing up my own slide out for my stove. Turns out the stove works very well for my purposes. IMHO a two burner is fine for 95% or better of meals cooked when camping. It appears to me that even though the Dometic has 3 burners, they're so close together it would be difficult to cook with and they'd have to be small pots to even fit. And now with the evidence you've shown, looks like maybe something to avoid.

BTW, I love the heat range on my stove. Both burners work flawlessly, actually better than any camping stove I've used.

I agree, these three burner stove suck at practicality.

I have the same Dometic 3COMBI-8901 in my Adrenalin Blast trailer. From the pics it looks like the OP has the same or very similar trailer. I have similar stove corrosion problems. The stove-sink slide-out drawer on my trailer is a magnet for moisture even with various whole-trailer cover combinations -- the stove parts get wet while in storage and the various aluminum and steel parts corrode. I worked on my trailer yesterday after the propane parts clogged again and the stove is again non-functional. I will redo the weather stripping for the whole trailer (including that drawer), repair the stove clogs, and then coat the stove (e.g., WD-40) each time I store it. I have the stove burner parts apart and soaking in vinegar currently.

Yes, the 3-burner stove is not practical because the burners are too close together and the need for three small burners while camping is very rare. I have been looking at 2-burner stove replacements that would almost drop-in. And I have also been contemplating a dehumidifier, etc., for the inside of the trailer while stored.

Happy New Year.

Last edited:
I have the same Dometic 3COMBI-8901 in my Adrenalin Blast trailer. From the pics it looks like the OP has the same or very similar trailer. I have similar stove corrosion problems. The stove-sink slide-out drawer on my trailer is a magnet for moisture even with various whole-trailer cover combinations -- the stove parts get wet while in storage and the various aluminum and steel parts corrode. I worked on my trailer yesterday after the propane parts clogged again and the stove is again non-functional. I will redo the weather stripping for the whole trailer (including that drawer), repair the stove clogs, and then coat the stove (e.g., WD-40) each time I store it. I have the stove burner parts apart and soaking in vinegar currently.

Yes, the 3-burner stove is not practical because the burners are too close together and the need for three small burners while camping is very rare. I have been looking at 2-burner stove replacements that would almost drop-in. And I have also been contemplating a dehumidifier, etc., for the inside of the trailer while stored.

Happy New Year.

I have the Adrenaline Rush trailer, same as yours. At least some de-humidifer packets tossed in that cavity might help with the moisture problem.

I have to repair the stove clogs too.

I had success yesterday in getting my stove unclogged, back together, and functional.

Per corroded and damaged hardware: I am ordering SS replacements for the tiny #2 screws (Torx #T6) that hold the plate-shaped burner tops on, from McMaster Carr. I am going to try PN 90198a055. These replacements are not Torx.

For the #4 screws inside the burners I will try PN 90198a108 for replacements. These hold the aluminium burner halves together.

I doubled up on the stove drawer weather stripping. I coated most the stove parts in WD-40 yesterday. Trailer has a rain resistant cover on it now.

Note that you can not get those burners apart if you don’t get those mentioned tiny T6 head #2 screws out. I think Dometic's use of relatively tiny Torx screw heads is by design in an attempt to keep folks from working on the burners.

The first time this stove clogged up on us I discovered it on a remote beach in Baja along the Seven Sisters a couple years ago. I attempted to get the clogged stove burners apart while we were camping; I had failed to bring my small Torx driver set with me in my tool bag for that trip (imagine...). I butchered two of those #2 screws in my attempt to get at least one burner apart while in the field. We ended up cooking with the wood we brought.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:
Nice writeup dude, thank you. Curious, what causes the burner orifices to clog? Dirty propane maybe?

Per corroded and damaged hardware: I am ordering SS replacements for the tiny #2 screws (Torx #T6) that hold the plate-shaped burner tops on, from McMaster Carr. I am going to try PN 90198a055. These replacements are not Torx.

For the #4 screws inside the burners I will try PN 90198a108 for replacements. These hold the aluminium burner halves together.
Thanks alia. I doubt I am getting dirty propane, though that is possible.

I really think the problem is corrosion (from moisture getting deep into the burner and the last leg of propane delivery internals) of the burner or tube internals coming loose and then clogging the little propane orifice in the heart of the burner. I expect if I can keep the burners dry all will be good. I ordered some passive dehumidifiers from Amazon to put in the trailer. If desperate, one could seal the burner openings (the ring of openings the blue flames come out of) to outside moist air (with tape or ?) to keep moisture out while the stove/trailer is in storage. I might just do that with some electrical tape.

That above-noted new stainless McMaster Cass hardware worked well; I installed it today in one of the burners to try it out. The conversion from T6 Torx to phillips for those tiny #2 screws holding the round brass burner tops on is a good change for future maintenance. I coated the changed burner screws with anti-seize since they are SS going into aluminum. I expect any fumes from the anti-seize getting warm later to be minor (since one will be outside camping afterall).

The addition of some Amazon weather-stripping around the inside of drawer face may have helped reduce the moisture problem a bit. After several rain storms over the last few weeks here in San Diego County, I opened the stove drawer today to find the stove was quite dry.

Amazon product ASIN B085VS653B

That corrision is caused by steel and aluminum touching. I would bet that clamp where it is coming from is steel. It normally gets much worse the closer you are to salt water, but it I don't think that is an issue for you in NM. If you use steel and aluminum together then put a piece of duct tape or 2 or 3 between them and that should take care of it. I have also seen that squishy foam tape used. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to take this unit out and replace it with a two burner stove and maybe a bigger sink, if possible. I despise the triangle configuration of the burners as we can't place a cast iron griddle across both burners for more efficient way of cooking.

This one caught my eye, not sure if it's worth the price and I don't like the tiny sink so I'll keep searching. The left burner is 3700 BTU and the right burner is 5900 BTU

I went to the Expo West at Flagstaff last weekend and came across Dometic's two burner stove. The price below is redonk but this is what we saw at the snow. Suburban rebadged units were also on display, as well as Dometic version.

Two burner stoves, 5200/7200 btu

I like the elegance of this unit,

Another one with same BTU

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom