Dometic Fridge. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am currently detailing the drawers that I am planning on building this winter for WhiteRabbit (5th gen 4runner). My plan is to put a drawer system and a Dometic CFX-75DZW fridge in the back.

My point to this thread is that I am trying to cram a lot in a little area and was wondering if anyone has or knows someone that has this fridge. I would like to be able to pull actual dimensions to make sure its going to fit with my drawer design. My tolerances are pretty tight and don't want to rely on internet dimensions if possible.

Message me or post up.

I am currently detailing the drawers that I am planning on building this winter for WhiteRabbit (5th gen 4runner). My plan is to put a drawer system and a Dometic CFX-75DZW fridge in the back.

My point to this thread is that I am trying to cram a lot in a little area and was wondering if anyone has or knows someone that has this fridge. I would like to be able to pull actual dimensions to make sure its going to fit with my drawer design. My tolerances are pretty tight and don't want to rely on internet dimensions if possible.

Message me or post up.
Don't forget the 2 inch gap required for breathing around the entire fridge!

And I don't have a 75DZW but if you think a 65DZ will work better I have one you can measure

And I don't have a 75DZW but if you think a 65DZ will work better I have one you can measure
We are going to go with the 75 (Dual zone and all). However, if I could measure your 65 and compare actual to internet specs on it I could then, theoretically, use those variables on the 75 and hope proportionately it would be accurate.:bang:

The 75 qt. fridge is large enough for several weeks of off-grid if you pack carefully.
Do you plan on those types of trips?
If space is an issue, consider a smaller one.
I have a 49 qt. and it is adequate for a week with careful planning.
I haven't tried it yet but on Expo guys are taking a fridge and setting it on freezing temps and then separating a top and bottom section with a layer of cardboard to make the top half above freezing for items that shouldn't be rock solid cold.

You could try contacting gamiviti and see if he can get measurements for you

We are going to go with the 75 (Dual zone and all). However, if I could measure your 65 and compare actual to internet specs on it I could then, theoretically, use those variables on the 75 and hope proportionately it would be accurate.:bang:
I am not going to make it to the meeting tonight but I will leave my fridge at the shop then that way you can measure it tonight if you're headed to the meeting

Try Josh at Bomber products, he’s got lots of stuff in his shop, several fridges and he’s about 5 Minutes away from your place.

The 75 qt. fridge is large enough for several weeks of off-grid if you pack carefully.
Do you plan on those types of trips?
If space is an issue, consider a smaller one.
I have a 49 qt. and it is adequate for a week with careful planning.
I haven't tried it yet but on Expo guys are taking a fridge and setting it on freezing temps and then separating a top and bottom section with a layer of cardboard to make the top half above freezing for items that shouldn't be rock solid cold.

Depends on what you’re doing. If I’m solo, my 45qt is awesome for a week or so... when it’s the whole family I get about 2-3 days max out of the same space (rotating fresh stuff into the fridge, minimum drinks etc) I’m itching for a 60-80 liter for the family but the entry costs are pretty steep.

Brian wheels with his family of 4 a lot, I could see them using the fridge space of a larger unit. The guy also likes a cold one or ten at night.

Depends on what you’re doing. If I’m solo, my 45qt is awesome for a week or so... when it’s the whole family I get about 2-3 days max out of the same space (rotating fresh stuff into the fridge, minimum drinks etc) I’m itching for a 60-80 liter for the family but the entry costs are pretty steep.

Brian wheels with his family of 4 a lot, I could see them using the fridge space of a larger unit. The guy also likes a cold one or ten at night.
With the wife and I there must be at least 24 in there at all times on any excursion :beer::beer::beer:

Thanks for the replies/info.
  • JohnnyO- Totally legit you leaving your 65 at overland cruisers for me to measure. Really appreciate it.
  • Rezarf- You hit the nail on the head with the Fam and Beers! We currently have two Yeti's and with 'Yeti Law' (a thread in its self to explain) in place we can get 10 days. With a dual zone there will be less work on my end. I will be hitting up Josh to see what he has on the floor.
  • 45Kevin- I know its a big bitch but as Rezarf noted we wheel with an AdventureFamly of 4 and need room for steaks and beer. Prepping meals, freezing at home and chucking in the Dometic will hopefully improve the efficiency of the fridge.
That darn work has been getting in the way of my Mud replies :deadhorse:! I will let y 'all know how it goes. Hopefully I win the contest! Rezarf you know what I'm talking about.:clap:

Found this thread as I just got the dometic 75 on a black friday sale. Wondering if anyone has any photos of it installed in a drawer system. It is a good bit larger than the ARB63 it is replacing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom