Dogs and Storage and Tunes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long story short...new to me BJ70, no need for a back seat, two dogs, needed better tunes, and needed a little storage (that the hounds couldn't get in to). The 24/12V converter I had wasn't powerful enough to run an amp or sub so I was going to rely on a fairly big box for the 6's to fire into for a little more bass. Tweets are in the dash vents. This is what I ended up with. Swore I wouldn't modify this truck...oh well.

:cheers:

Last edited:
MDF + carpet??? Did you use screws or rivets through the stainless edging? Is it stainless or aluminium? Those cupholders could do with a base about 4 inches below them :D not all cups will hold themselves in there!

I'm very impressed :D gives me ideas!

denis said:
nice :)
are those holes supposed to be cupholders or ???

Death cupholders. Bad idea...really hard to access them...found myself on the shoulder more than once at first

Entaran said:
MDF + carpet??? Did you use screws or rivets through the stainless edging? Is it stainless or aluminium? Those cupholders could do with a base about 4 inches below them :D not all cups will hold themselves in there!

I'm very impressed :D gives me ideas!

3/4" plywood sprayed with armorthane. Aluminum 2x2 1/8" angle. 3/4" panhead screws. Yup, the cupholders need work...I'm thinking a really long straw.

Interesting. Thanks for the idea of armorthane. How do you like it so far?

I am slowly working on some plans for a rear storage/drawer space in the back of my BJ74. Was thinking marine grade plywood, and some sort of marine grade paint in multiple coats on top. I will be pilphering from this idea: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=32712

gb

The armorthane is tough as nails. I've tried most of the home brew versions but the pro stuff is the best IMO...expensive though. I really like the storage behind the seats. Pretty much hidden from view from outside the truck which is cool and easy to access on the road. I might make the rear storage box bigger in the future but for now just enough room for a strap, boost cables, diesel conditioner, flashlight, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom