Does anyone other than Toyota make brand new, non-remanufactured calipers for the FJ60 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of any caliper manufacturer that makes brand new, as in NOT remanufactured, calipers for an fj60 other than Toyota ?

Toyota does not make a new caliper . .....they are all remans, but are of much better quality than anything I know of aftermarket.

Do you buy the remanufactured callipers from the dealer?
I don't know if the newer 7* series caliper is a bolt on. The old calipers from the same year were the same and thus swappable.

Toyota does not make a new caliper . .....they are all remans, but are of much better quality than anything I know of aftermarket.

I'm think they do offer new and remanufactured calipers for the 60 series. Onur gave me the option for new or reman Toyota calipers when I inquired about brake parts.

I run quad piston SSBC front calipers. Love them and they are a big upgrade. Contact them directly as their site doesn't list our calipers.

TLC Van Nuys (not in Chattsworth CA) puts SSBC brakes on their ICONS.

Yes, and we have some en route from Japan. OE quality

Kurt .. stock replacement or bigger ones ..?

Stock. I've not investigated larger piston replacements but we will have new Japanese 95 era 4Runner calipers that make a great upgrade on the vented rotor 4x/5x/6x/7x

@cruiseroutfit

kurt: any wheel clearance concerns with those 4runner calipers? all dandy under stock 60 wheels?

thanks !

They will require grinding with most 15" wheels including OE. Some great tech on that here:
4Runner Calipers, T100 MC, Rotors and Backing Plate Eliminator install

Not to disagree but to give another example but for only two sets of wheels. I have 4Runner calipers on two FJ60s and have had both stock wheels and 20+ year old 15" old style wagon wheels on the 60s and have not had to grind the calipers. Point is you'll have to mount up your wheels and check clearance.

1/4" spacers also work perfectly.

Not to disagree but to give another example but for only two sets of wheels. I have 4Runner calipers on two FJ60s and have had both stock wheels and 20+ year old 15" old style wagon wheels on the 60s and have not had to grind the calipers. Point is you'll have to mount up your wheels and check clearance.

What manufacture calipers are you using?

Just to be clear the Japanese calipers we have coming feature rather large "cooling" fins on the outer face and will almost definitely require trimming or a spacer on a 15" wheel.

What manufacture calipers are you using?

Just to be clear the Japanese calipers we have coming feature rather large "cooling" fins on the outer face and will almost definitely require trimming or a spacer on a 15" wheel.

I initially used OEM and now whatever Advance Auto has. When requesting calipers I ask for ones for a V6 1995 (because it's easy for me to remember).

Stock. I've not investigated larger piston replacements but we will have new Japanese 95 era 4Runner calipers that make a great upgrade on the vented rotor 4x/5x/6x/7x

IMHO it worth a little exploration .. if you might be able to find a bigger caliper that fits or can get on a kind of combo that make it fit ( I know the production of parts it's not your target ) would be a great upgrade for the large amount of Cruiser owners 60 and 80 running larger tires ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom