Does 2014 LX 570 have integrated trailer brake? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if a 2014 LX 5470 have integrated trailer brake? If it does, I don't think I see anywhere in the vehicle shows that it does. What are some good wireless brake controllers?

Does anyone know if a 2014 LX 5470 have integrated trailer brake? If it does, I don't think I see anywhere in the vehicle shows that it does. What are some good wireless brake controllers?
There isn’t an integrated controller installed, but there is a plug to add one. Most people like the Redarc.

Or

Okay, so based on the manual, this is what I found. I want to know much weight I can put on the hitch in case I only want to install a cargo box instead of hauling a trailer.
1676407313925.png

Okay, so based on the manual, this is what I found. I want to know much weight I can put on the hitch in case I only want to install a cargo box instead of hauling a trailer.
View attachment 3248448

The manual is being ultra conservative here based on what others have done and my own experience.

What it's stating is that with enough weight, AHC may not indicate "N" ride height. At a certain hydraulic pressure threshold based on load, it'll no longer be able to sustain a constant ride height and may reduce height essentially transferring more load to the coil spring system. Much like a normal car that will squat with load.

In practice, the thresholds are way higher. Depending on health of the vehicle and modifications, it'll be well over 1600-1800lbs payload before this is a factor. The system can be augmented for even higher loads. 2200lbs and still able to lift into high position.

The stated spec for the factory hitch is 500lbs, or 800lbs with proper WD applied. I'm at 1200lbs with my 8000lb travel trailer. I'm not condoning this, but the hitch is integrated into the furthest aft frame rail and is a beefy thing. 200-series cruisers are spec'd for weight, while still allowing ample margin for the intended HD use which may be towing over Australian corrugations in the Outback or abusive mining operations. I use the margin for more capacity.

Am I right in thinking that the weight at the hitch is calculated at the position of the ball while a cargo box would have a center of force much farther back?

The manual is being ultra conservative here based on what others have done and my own experience.

What it's stating is that with enough weight, AHC may not indicate "N" ride height. At a certain hydraulic pressure threshold based on load, it'll no longer be able to sustain a constant ride height and may reduce height essentially transferring more load to the coil spring system. Much like a normal car that will squat with load.

In practice, the thresholds are way higher. Depending on health of the vehicle and modifications, it'll be well over 1600-1800lbs payload before this is a factor. The system can be augmented for even higher loads. 2200lbs and still able to lift into high position.

The stated spec for the factory hitch is 500lbs, or 800lbs with proper WD applied. I'm at 1200lbs with my 8000lb travel trailer. I'm not condoning this, but the hitch is integrated into the furthest aft frame rail and is a beefy thing. 200-series cruisers are spec'd for weight, while still allowing ample margin for the intended HD use which may be towing over Australian corrugations in the Outback or abusive mining operations. I use the margin for more capacity.
Thank you so much for the insight, much appreciated!

Am I right in thinking that the weight at the hitch is calculated at the position of the ball while a cargo box would have a center of force much farther back?

Great point. How much further in cantilever matters because it magnifies torsional stress on the hitch, but it also increases weight on the rear axle.

To that last point, it's not just the weight carried on the hitch, but with more cantilever, it transfers weight off the front axle to the rear axle. With WD hitches, it can compensate somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom