Dobinsons Drawers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just installed Dobinsons drawers. Was way more impressed with quality that i was expecting. Went back in forth with building something or buying, after seeing what comes with the drawers it would be hard to match. Really love the out come.

tempImage5Jat8X.png

tempImagep1NAPX.png

tempImageYGeKZ8.png

tempImagenDUgPr.png

tempImageJWAwEf.png

Looks good! Does it use standard mounting points in the rear to install or did you have to add rivets?
There are two rails the drawer unit bolts to. The rear one you re-use existing seat bolt holes and the front rail you need to drill two new holes.

My only issue is I'm getting a crick in my neck from looking at all your sideways photos! :p

Looks like they are pretty close to the height of the rear seats folded down, might work as part of a sleeping platform.

Do you know if you can choose which side is the slide top on ? I want my fridge to be on the passenger side

Do you know if you can choose which side is the slide top on ? I want my fridge to be on the passenger side
I built my own dodgy drawer setup and also originally wanted the fridge on the passenger side, however I found that there isn't much clearance between the top of the fridge and the edge of the opened barn door, especially with a taller fridge like the model I have. Plus to access the fridge you have to have the door fully opened, which may not always be possible. Plus, thinking of a future fold out table upgrade, it would be easier to access the fridge to the left and the table to the right rather than have the fridge roll out over the table. Just some rambling thoughts......

BTW ozman, you actually from oz ? I'm originally from QLD. Nice to have some aussies 'representing'!

I built my own dodgy drawer setup and also originally wanted the fridge on the passenger side, however I found that there isn't much clearance between the top of the fridge and the edge of the opened barn door, especially with a taller fridge like the model I have. Plus to access the fridge you have to have the door fully opened, which may not always be possible. Plus, thinking of a future fold out table upgrade, it would be easier to access the fridge to the left and the table to the right rather than have the fridge roll out over the table. Just some rambling thoughts......

BTW ozman, you actually from oz ? I'm originally from QLD. Nice to have some aussies 'representing'!
Oh man! I wish I was from OZ. My nickname is Ozzy that's all lol.
As for the fridge, I do most of my trips solo and with my fat ass and a full tank of gas and the awning on the driver side, I wanted to counter a little of the weight with the fridge on the passenger side.

Oh man! I wish I was from OZ. My nickname is Ozzy that's all lol.
As for the fridge, I do most of my trips solo and with my fat ass and a full tank of gas and the awning on the driver side, I wanted to counter a little of the weight with the fridge on the passenger side.
Ha! I originally had the same thought, but have mounted my awning on the passenger side and have my son side on that side as well to balance things out :)

What brand sound deadening did you use? I'm leaning against using a peel and stick like noico. Are you happy with the results (sound) since install? BTW, the drawers look like a great fit
So I’m not sure what it would sound like without the insulation but glad I put it in while I was installing the drawers. It seems quiet. I used US Energy Product Car SUV insulation sound dreading light weight thermal insulation from Amazon. For as cheap as it was I would do it again.

Do you know what the weight difference was after you took out the third row and added the drawers?

Just installed Dobinsons drawers. Was way more impressed with quality that i was expecting. Went back in forth with building something or buying, after seeing what comes with the drawers it would be hard to match. Really love the out come.

View attachment 2591677

View attachment 2591678

View attachment 2591679

View attachment 2591680

View attachment 2591681
Hey, saw this thread. How are the drawers holding up? I am about to pull the trigger on these. Also is the outside material carpet or hard rough plastic?

Hey, saw this thread. How are the drawers holding up? I am about to pull the trigger on these. Also is the outside material carpet or hard rough plastic?
They are stout, you will not be disappointed, I have the drawers stuffed with equipment and gear and they are like new. I would say they are carpetish, but its fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom