Do You Run Diff Armor?

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
Well you just said it. "heims aren't bad, they just wear"

I don't want a truck that I have to maintain. I'd rather over build something and be done with it. Likewise I'm not building a vehicle to do king of hammers or etc., that's not the slightest bit appealing to me. My purpose of my rig is to get me somewhere cool to camp/see and have a good time otherwise it's a worthless trail to me.

Edit : hopefully I don't come off harsh (i'm just really pissed off I have to fix s***ty work)

I completley agree with you there. I'd be just as pissed at shoddy work as well. OEM is probably the best for your application.

I completley agree with you there. I'd be just as pissed at shoddy work as well. OEM is probably the best for your application.

I think you're right that the OEM rubber is really the right path for me, I found the flex the truck in it's current form to be more than suitable. (2.5" lift) I re-geared my lx450 and installed lockers (on 35's) and decided that was the limit of the vehicle.

But i digress... I'm hopeful that someone else has installed ballastic fab armor on their 80 and can shed some light on what mods/lack of mods were needed. People say things will fit fine but unless it's apples to apples it's hard to say with 100% confidence that its true.

Last edited:
Well you just said it. "heims aren't bad, they just wear"

I don't want a truck that I have to maintain. I'd rather over build something and be done with it. Likewise I'm not building a vehicle to do king of hammers or etc., that's not the slightest bit appealing to me. My purpose of my rig is to get me somewhere cool to camp/see and have a good time otherwise it's a worthless trail to me.

Edit : hopefully I don't come off harsh (i'm just really pissed off I have to fix s***ty work)

If you want to just go camping you are absoloutly wasting your time with diff amour. A 2 inch lift and a set of 33's will get you to 95% of all good camp spots. Learn to drive your car better, smashing your diff to smithereens is not something that happens on a normal camping trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom