Do GX470's have Throttle Position Sensors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cant find any info or even this part online for the 4.7 liter engine. Am I missing something?

Problem Im having is my accelerator pedal has stopped working. Even when pressed to the floor, no response. ETCS fuse is fine. No CEL either.

These symptoms Im seeing online doing searches are: TPS (throttle position sensor), PPS (pedal position sensor), Throttle body.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

The '05+ VVTI 2UZ-FE is a drive-by-wire engine. It has a pedal position sensor that the throttle pedal inside the vehicle is attached to and a servo that moves the actual throttle plate within the throttle body, based on the ECU input. It's not the same as older EFI drive-by-cable engines that had a throttle position sensor on/near the throttle to determine where the driver had set the throttle based on the gas pedal (which was physically connected to the throttle plate with a cable, thereby not controlled by the ECU at all).

Unfortunately, that's about all I know about the details on the throttle system. but presumably it's not hard to check the pedal position sensor inside the rig using a multimeter to see if it is working. I am not sure how to check things on the throttle body itself. It's probably discussed in the Factory Service Manual (FSM) for the GX.

Let me know what you find - I had a weird occurrence the other day when I lost throttle response for about 5 seconds after a water crossing. Not sure if I splashed some water up around the throttle body or something else.

Let me know what you find - I had a weird occurrence the other day when I lost throttle response for about 5 seconds after a water crossing. Not sure if I splashed some water up around the throttle body or something else.
I just ordered a new Accelerator Pedal Sensor as I commonly found it referred to when searching. Ill keep you posted on the progress.

Update: Turns out it was my throttle response controller malfunctioning that caused this issue.
What is the actual part for this? Mine seemed to be acting up a bit more today too.

I have a roar pedal. I cant fault the controller tho. I was letting my young daughter drive in my lap and her knee ended up mashing against the little settings box. It looked fine but apparently it wasn't.

What are the better brands out there? Seeing that Ill be getting another one pretty soon. Pedal Comanders review pretty good but are a bit pricey.

I have a roar pedal. I cant fault the controller tho. I was letting my young daughter drive in my lap and her knee ended up mashing against the little settings box. It looked fine but apparently it wasn't.

What are the better brands out there? Seeing that Ill be getting another one pretty soon. Pedal Comanders review pretty good but are a bit pricey.
Gotcha and glad you found the problem. I might pull my throttle body apart, clean up, but some dielectric grease on the connections, etc. I've done a ton of deep crossings. Hoping it is the culprit and not something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom