Do 22RE's like expensive gas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone,

So a few weeks ago out of necessity I filled my truck at a Chevron and about half way through the tank I noticed the truck running much quieter and smoother. I was curious if it was my imagination so the next tank I hit the Am/Pm and the truck ran like usual...pretty rough. Anyway...a few weeks of only Chevron and it's to the point where when I hit a stoplight I have to concentrate to even hear it running it's so quiet. Anyone else ever tried/noticed a difference running Chevron over the cheaper stations gas??

I don't understand the diffrence. In my area the fuel is pumped through the same terminal and is delivered by generic trucks to any of our brand stations. Only thing i can think of is them adding an additive.

Wes, if you go to the big gas terminals there is a generic terminal for most gas but usually Chevron, Shell and Mobil have there own facilities because they use patented additives. Chevron has "Techron" which is a detergent that is supposed to clean carbon from your motor. Whatever it is it seems to be working in my truck...but could be a combo of the tuneup, restore engine treatment and new gas all coming together and making it run better.

yes they do, i just took a trip to big bear nothing but premium chevron or shell and after 3 tank fulls its a new little engine i love it .

maybe this will help mine run better too....along with the carb rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom