DIY Bedliner on the Lexus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bpassmore

Site *****
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
brettpassmore.com
Ill write up the steps tomorrow probably... to tired tonight.

Pictures speak for themselves.

It looks AWESOME.

I used a kit from this place:
LinerXtreeme

The One Gallon kit was MORE than enough. I bought 2, so I have another chance to do more in the future.

I went to Sherwin Williams and picked out a color, and they matched it.

I can't believe how good it turned out.

Rhino Liner on the Lexus, or Redneck in Suburbia

Niiiiice. I like the wrap-the-whole-car-in-paper approach. Settled a lot of questions for me. Thanks for sharing!

there are several things i would do different, but i would not hesitate to do this again.
It was very easy, just time consuming.

This is the aluminum tape i used:
3M Products | 3M Aluminum Foil Tape | Adhesives, Abrasives

it is 2 mils thick. The bedliner is ~30 to 40 mils. You can not tell where the holes were. it is amazing and tough.

If you are considering this, DO IT.

I think I will :) I might leave my flares on though, they don't stick out as bad and IMO the 80s look naked without something over the wheels

I'm thinking of doing this but not sure which color would look best. My 93 is Medium Red Pearl.
IMG_0564.jpg

Now it has MetalTech sliders too. So those are powder coated black. Just not crazy about lining it with black also. I bet that gray/charcoal you used would look good. Nice work!

Thanks for the pic!

I have been wondering just how many holes the lx has... Your truck looks great! How lond did it take you?

my bed liner look good after 2 years... Coolest thing is when i wash the truck (once a year) just use some tire black and it is purty and shinny until i drive down a few dirt roads...

Looks great.

I am decladding my LX450 as well. I may go the bedliner route if my paint guy balks too much at all the holes. I told him 80 or so a side...

love it. i plan on doing this to the entire truck some day.

That stuff looks pretty nice. How does it compare to other bedliners? Have you used others? This appears cheaper than most bedliners.

I have not applied other liners, but this stuff is tough. and with the rubber additive, it is hard and hurts when you bump it.

I have already scrapped the back of my calf getting out of the truck; it is raw now. I will need to knock down the texture a bit right there if i keep this up.

It is very tough. amazingly tough. I think the prep work will be the deciding factor on how long this stays good. i hope for the best.

the company was great to deal with. so far so good.

Did you use the fine rubber additive? Was yours the polyurethane product? I assume you ordered the clear and added dye.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom